These look great! What type of finish did you use?Made a few finger joint boxes. Quilted maple with walnut lids. One cherry with walnut lid. Two holly knobs and two walnut.
View attachment 293855 View attachment 293856 View attachment 293857
Very good. That holly looks like ivory. Should yellow similarly too.Made a few finger joint boxes. Quilted maple with walnut lids. One cherry with walnut lid. Two holly knobs and two walnut.
View attachment 293855 View attachment 293856 View attachment 293857
Nice! I like the finger joint variations too.Made a few finger joint boxes. Quilted maple with walnut lids. One cherry with walnut lid. Two holly knobs and two walnut.
View attachment 293855 View attachment 293856 View attachment 293857
The small holly one is pegged others I used small screw from bottom and still used a little glueHey Roger ( @Rocking RP ) did you peg the knobs or just glue them in place or is there a screw from below? Just curious how the knobs are attached. I'm always worried my handles will come loose so I drill and glue in a 1/8" dowel peg.
These look great! What type of finish did you use?
I used food grade mineral oil and then finished them with 'Feed and Finish'. I normally use walnut oil, but it tends to yellow the maple and I didn't want that.These look great! What type of finish did you use?