DIY threading jig for wood turned boxes

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Full Member
Messages
6,255
Reaction score
10,694
Location
Lake Park, GA
First name
Tim
Take a look at this old post…
This jig, less the red xy table is what’s being sold. Includes following items…
- 3/4-10 spindle with 1”-8 adapter and handwheel
- 3/4-16 spindle with 1”-8 adapter and handwheel
- 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/8” double angle cutter
$55 plus shipping

Why sell?
I ended up buying a Baxter Threadmaster with both 10 and 16 pitch heads. Well built tool that I’m looking forward to using.

IMG_4270.jpeg IMG_4273.jpeg
The issue I had with the diy tool is fussing about with finding area on the threaded bars that ran true. Someone with access to make very true rods would be ideal. Also, a smaller or custom xy table would make easier to move around.
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #2
Bump, still available
Reduced to $50 plus shipping.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top