**ENDED** Desert Ironwood

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Guys this is not a nice way to treat a new member talented or not. But speaking of talent, anyone with the level of talent Ron has in my book deserves the benefit of the doubt. If anyone could muster the contacts and wherewithal to come up with 375 blocks of primo DIW, my money would be on someone like Ron who would obviously have made contacts none of the rest of us would likely have.

DIW a low grade material? Compared to gold and gems and rare treasures of antiquity that billionaires play with then yes, DIW by itself would not be something that would probably attract their attention . . . unless it was attached to a work of art made by a world class artisan.

JMO

APBcustoms

your every day wood addict
Reaction score
First name
austin
By the way I wasn't saying it's not primo grade or I don't believe him. I've seen his knives and if there wasn't such a long waiting list for his knives I would be all over getting him to make me one. all I was saying is I wouldn't mind testing out his wood simply because I'm cheap but I said it with a little sarcastic humor, And I have to say I agree with @Kevin yes to woodworkers diw burl is one of the treasured woods but when someone making such high end knives using precious metals and gem stones it's a whole new playing field.

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I just want to see a primo double bacon cheeseburger. It's lunch time

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Austin I thought your reply was funny - it didn't strike me as anything other than the typical greedy woodaholic expressing his fantasy for a fix. And I wasn't singling any member out. It's all good. :good:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I just wanna see that stack of DIW burl! From having read through the thread and following along, I've got no doubt that Ron's telling the truth. I just wanna see pics so I can drool over them!

RonNewton

Reaction score
First name
Ron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smells as good as it looks. The proof's in the pudding and these absolutely flawless blocks speak for themselves. The burl is so shimmery it can make you dizzy just looking at the rays dancing in the light. Two more boxes in overnite transit yet to come.(heavily insured I might add.)

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
That's some of the best looking pudding I have ever seen.

Tclem

Reaction score
First name
Tony

Smells as good as it looks. The proof's in the pudding and these absolutely flawless blocks speak for themselves. The burl is so shimmery it can make you dizzy just looking at the rays dancing in the light. Two more boxes in overnite transit yet to come.(heavily insured I might add.)
That ain't real that's a fake. You would have to send one of those blanks to "Clements' burl certification " then I will let you know if they are real or not. My process includes sitting it on my end table and staring at it for a few months before I make something with it.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Now that is some serious eye candy! :good: I doubt that there isn't a one of us here who wouldn't love to have even a single piece of that! (I know I'd love a piece! Maybe someday!)

Ron, Thank You for sharing that glimpse of such an abundance of beautiful wood with us! (I'm gonna have to go dig my spare keyboard out of whatever box it got tossed into before our recent move. Mine's filling up with drool!)

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Put me on you nice list, Ron. I'm (by far) the nicest one here. Ask anyone.

Tclem

Reaction score
First name
Tony
Put me on you nice list, Ron. I'm (by far) the nicest one here. Ask anyone.
Is there a way to say ummm I better not say that on here

bald9eagle

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Dang Ron....that is amazing. Keep us posted on how those blanks end up. I'm amazed.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Ron, I guess I will be eating some crow pie tonight regarding my skepticism of your acquisition. I've been gathering DIW for several years now and it's just hard for me to get my head around how your source could accumulate that many high grade blanks. Arizona Ironwood Company perhaps? Of course I understand if it is confidential...

RonNewton

Reaction score
First name
Ron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get very few pieces annually from Arizona Ironwood. In fact maybe 10 pieces max. per year.

As far as my source for the mother load......Well I seem to be having short term memory issues again and I apologize for that.

bald9eagle

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Don't know if I like the new guy or not.....teasing us with a magical box that he stole from a leprechaun and then not telling us where the leprechaun lives.

Seriously though, congrats on such a grab. You have become the hero of WoodBarter.

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
For the life of me, I can't figure out why my post was funny. It is as if 2 of you thought I'm not nice. :redcard::wacko::lol4:

I still belong on Ron's nice list, though.

Last edited: