- Thread Starter Thread Starter
- #41
Kevin said:justturnin said::dash2::dash2::cray::cray:
These are fantastic....
Got anything smaller like a LFRB size crotch? Can be green and whole, I will cut it.
Chris I'm sure I can come up with something for ya. What are you going to make so I can look for something specifically to fit the bill? Do you want the 12 x 12 FRB or the Game Box?

DKMD said:Bowl blanks might be of interest to me, but I'm not in the market for slabs at this point.... I'm still looking forward to the pictures though.

You might be schizophrenic, but at least you have each other!Kevin said:drycreek said:Kevin sent you a pm.
I did? I mean, he did? We did? Well, I'm a schizophrenic Gemini and so am I. "No we are! Yes we're not!"![]()
I got your PM. #18 is yours.
![]()


woodtickgreg said:You might be schizophrenic, but at least you have each other!![]()

Kevin said:Time for me to show my animals. These are the first four I'm offering. As usual, the pics just can't do it. But ask anyone who's traded with me before and they'll tell you the FBE cannot be captured in a picture, especially the figure. It doesn't show well but it's there.
#18 will make very nice bowls. You can get 10 bowls from this piece or resaw it for small craft boards. $70 for the piece. That's $10BF - half off my normal price.
#29 is full of figure, flame, and some spalt. This will make someone very happy when they see it first hand. It has some checks on the backside but the top is solid with lots of nice crotch feathering, curl, and scalloping. This will make that one-of-akind table that no one has ever seen the likes of. It's an awesome piece. "Did you paint those red streaks on that?!" I've been hearing that from company for years. This piece is truly rare. I've gotten in excess of $45 BF for a piece like this which would put it at $435. Fire sale price is $195. Jimmy gets first look at this piece. If he doesn't need it, it's "snooze you lose" after that.
#26 will make a fantastic hallway or couch table. A couch table is one that's behind a couch that's not against a wall. Many great rooms are furnished like that. Couch tables are usually found in very upscale homes where the living area is enormous and you don't find couches crammed up against a wall like in poor folks homes like mine. This piece is phenomenal as you can see. It does have a check running down one side but since it's dry, it will not open any larger and will fill easily with a red epoxy or whatever you might want. Full of flame and denim, with a lot of subtle grain patterns and some cat's paws also. The first Ben Franklin gets it.
#28 The first thing I thought of was resaw into a stunning bookmatched table. It has a few birdseyes, cat's paws, long sweeping grain patterns, some subtle curl, and of course plenty of those signature flames. One could also crosscut this piece into plate or platter blanks but I wouldn't. It would also make a fantastic table as is, to snug up against a wall where a table is needed but not much room exists for one. That straight edge against the wall with the live edge facing the room would be killer looking. It would also make a fantastic ledge/shelf if one wanted to forgo making legs for it and just mount it to the wall. Fire sale price is $95.
Prices don't include shipping. All items are at EMC which here is ~ 12%. This offer is also available to politicians; simply take the price of the item and use a multiplier of 4 to see your price.
:eat_popcorn:
Kevin




jimmythewoodworker said:Kevin
Boy that #29 will make a bunch of nice pen blanks
:kowea: :teethlaugh::teethlaugh: Mark it "SOLD" my friend![]()

jimmythewoodworker said:Mark it "SOLD" my friend![]()
Joe Rebuild said:Kevin said:drycreek said:Kevin sent you a pm.
I did? I mean, he did? We did? Well, I'm a schizophrenic Gemini and so am I. "No we are! Yes we're not!"![]()
I got your PM. #18 is yours.
![]()
Just remember Kevin no matter what happens you always have ''each other''![]()

txpaulie said:Kev,
Add me to the list!
If'n you could fill a LFRB with +/- 5/4 flitches, I'll get funds to you ASAP!
p![]()

LoneStar said:Man I hate being broke....



kfuknives said:I would have taken some but I dont really need that much. Now if it was just that crotch section with feathering...
Kevin said:So a $95 piece is now $57. That's down to mere Walnut pricing.![]()
LoneStar said:Kevin said:So a $95 piece is now $57. That's down to mere Walnut pricing.![]()
:eek2: Yowza ! Even a poorboy like me can afford that !
#26 please !

Kevin said:LoneStar said:Kevin said:So a $95 piece is now $57. That's down to mere Walnut pricing.![]()
:eek2: Yowza ! Even a poorboy like me can afford that !
#26 please !
Ryan you're killing me here. I was trying to send you a free LFRB of pipe blanks and here you go buying a board. Okay we can do both. I'll sell you the board + shipping, AND send you a free LFRB of pipe blanks AND pay the shipping on that one. How's that?
Just make sure I know what you need in blank size minimums so I can figure the multiples and not have to resaw anything. You're going to freak out when you get this board. :yes:
![]()
The main reason I'm short of cash at the moment is getting my business going. Even when I have some money in the bank, I know it should be spent on the next round of tools or supplies. So moneys tight, but I'm sure not starving
I cant tell you how much the offer from you and everyone else means to me, but I'm going to have to be stubborn and refuse until I can find some kind of a trade in return. Besides, for $57 you might as well be giving it to me 