**ENDED**Sumac root ball Auction!!!!

ClintW

Reaction score
First name
Clinton
Hey everyone!
Just thought I would give back to this wonderful community at WB.

Up for auction is this Sumac root ball.
It should turn a really nice item for whoever wins it!

It is about 9" x 10" wide, and 6" tall at the highest point from the bottom, and on the one angled face it's close to 3.5" from the bottom. It has a rich green heartwood with a luster character and a strong white sapwood. It should be solid all around.

There are some inclusions in the top face (the face with the roots cut off), they go down maybe an inch or so. The large cut face has a couple of small checks. I imagine they don't run very deep, maybe a half inch. The large crack like feature is a weird inclusion from when the tree started growing. This is maybe 3/4 inch deep at most I think. All in all it will have alot of character. Should make a rather impressive piece.

:cowboy:
The rules:
Auction starts now!!
$1 minimum bid increments
Ends October 30th at 7 pm central time.
I will pay shipping, it may come in a MFRB, depends how much of a stickler the post office will be for a slight bulge. If not it will be a LFRB and I will make sure to pack it with some nice peanuts.
Whoever wins it will donate the winning amount to WoodBarter.
When I am notified of donation by the staff, I will mail the wood!

Have fun and if you have any questions let me know! Also if you have seen sumac before, check out some turnings from online, it looks incredible!

DSC00888.JPG DSC00886.JPG DSC00887.JPG DSC00889.JPG

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Very nice gesture Clint! That is some pretty wood, I've never worked with Sumac before. I don't turn, but I want to see what this becomes. Tony

Fsyxxx

Sawdust manufacture, shop destroyer
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Someone's gotta get this thing going. 10$

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
that was in case you bailed out cause another appliance crapped out...
Thanks for the backup I thought I was going to have to sell some ck if I had won it for that price :lol: but I do have to get a windshield for my car I drive to work. Rock shattered it last week. Ever had one of those days or months or years

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Thanks for the backup I thought I was going to have to sell some ck if I had won it for that price :lol: but I do have to get a windshield for my car I drive to work. Rock shattered it last week. Ever had one of those days or months or years
And don't forget, baby needs new shoes......