**ENDED**Sumac root ball Auction!!!!

duncsuss

Trying to turn a little better each day
Reaction score
First name
Duncan
Congratulations, Greg! Looking forward to seeing what you're able to do with this :good2:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Awe darn...I missed the ending. That's what happens when you have a grandson...pepere. play legos with me....:old:

Fsyxxx

Sawdust manufacture, shop destroyer
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Donation made. Funny thing is I'm working an auction now!

Fsyxxx

Reaction score
First name
Greg
Heya Clinton! Got the package, burl looks awesome thanks for the 'peanuts!' The honeysuckle is super bitchin. Not sure what to do with it yet but it's really really cool! :thanx2:

ClintW

Reaction score
First name
Clinton
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heya Clinton! Got the package, burl looks awesome thanks for the 'peanuts!' The honeysuckle is super bitchin. Not sure what to do with it yet but it's really really cool! :thanx2:
Thanks! I figured I would add some gems to the box. I think you'll be more pumped about the HS when you cut into it. It's quite unique wood I have found. I bet it will turn like butter! Looking forward to seeing what you make!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Clint thanks for your generous donation - if you have any more honeysuckle I would love to buy some from you - I have never had any but it sounds cool.

Fsyxxx

Reaction score
First name
Greg
Thanks! I figured I would add some gems to the box. I think you'll be more pumped about the HS when you cut into it. It's quite unique wood I have found. I bet it will turn like butter! Looking forward to seeing what you make!
The outside is so cool! I think I'm gonna keep practicing carving and make a wood spirit out of it. It seems a shame to cut all the outside off, unless of course you have some other pieces of it:blush-33:

ClintW

Reaction score
First name
Clinton
Clint thanks for your generous donation - if you have any more honeysuckle I would love to buy some from you - I have never had any but it sounds cool.
I can probably round some up. It's an invasive species and grows quite well in river bottoms. What sizes you interested in? I have a box of pen blanks.
The outside is so cool! I think I'm gonna keep practicing carving and make a wood spirit out of it. It seems a shame to cut all the outside off, unless of course you have some other pieces of it:blush-33:
As I said to Kevin, it is an invasive species. There is lots of it. Just finding where it can be cut or construction has resulted in it being cut down so I can snatch it up.

I will see if I can get some more. For wood spirits I could get some 1.5" stuff no problem. Maybe even some bigger pieces. @davduckman2010 may have some on his property. I have seen bushes in the park that are 8+ in diameter.

Last edited:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Pen blanks for the wife pepper mill blanks for me so 2.5 square minimum by 10" pr longer - I have no clue how big the trees grow though.

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Pen blanks for the wife pepper mill blanks for me so 2.5 square minimum by 10" pr longer - I have no clue how big the trees grow though.
I thought you said you had Carolina roots! You can't have spent time here and not know honeysuckle!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I thought you said you had Carolina roots! You can't have spent time here and not know honeysuckle!

Carolina roots and Irish roots, but I didn't grow up in Ireland either.

ClintW

Reaction score
First name
Clinton
Looking online, it says it grows in Texas. Most likely where it is always wet. Seems to love river bottoms though. And it keeps its leaves way longer that anything! Heck its still green leaved now! And most all other trees have shed their leaves entirely.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Well believe it or not I have sassafras trees in my FBE patch, but they are al very small. Never come across one more than 4 or 5" in diameter so I have never dropped one.