How's your weather treating you?

Days are still decent, 60s and low 70s. I'll get a few more motorcycle rides in before I winterize the bikes.
 
Today, it's about 80-85 right now and real cloudy. We are supposed to have some rain Saturday, but we got it today. About 20 drops per inch. Lasted for about 1 mile. The car in front of me turned on their wipers . I couldn't believe that. Just enough liquid on the glass to smear it real good with the bug parts. ............ Nubs
 
Today, it's about 80-85 right now and real cloudy. We are supposed to have some rain Saturday, but we got it today. About 20 drops per inch. Lasted for about 1 mile. The car in front of me turned on their wipers . I couldn't believe that. Just enough liquid on the glass to smear it real good with the bug parts. ............ Nubs
Well there's three tropical storms/depressions just south of Baja right now and isn't that what drives your monsoon season?
 
Well there's three tropical storms/depressions just south of Baja right now and isn't that what drives your monsoon season?
Our Monsoon season used to start after 3 days of dew point being at 53-54 degrees or whatever they used as a measuring point. The temps were also a factor, but they made a change now to have our Monsoon season starting on the first of June or July. Can't remember exactly, but our season usually ended in late September, and I don't remember them saying it went into October.
The Hurricanes in the east were what usually aided our Monsoon season. The Hurricanes in the Pacific were usually later than our MS, and did and does supply us with some rain, just not a violent as the regular Monsoon season storms. .............. Nubs
 
We haven't been below 40° yet and our killing frost isn't usually until last week in October, but we may be earlier this year. Very dry so no ground moisture to help hold the heat.
 
Today, it's about 80-85 right now and real cloudy. We are supposed to have some rain Saturday, but we got it today. About 20 drops per inch. Lasted for about 1 mile. The car in front of me turned on their wipers . I couldn't believe that. Just enough liquid on the glass to smear it real good with the bug parts. ............ Nubs
They are saying Priscilla is going to dump on you tomorrow through possibly Sunday. Calling for up to 4 inches on the colorado side of 4 corners to Durango and the mountains. We might even get some of it.
 
29 degrees this morning. Sure garden took a beating at that temp. Likely to get colder as the sun rises. Calling for 3-5 inches of rain over the weekend. We need every drop.
 
Spent the last week in temps ranging from 31 to 66 and thoroughly enjoyed it (South Dakota). I stepped off the plane in Houston Hobby Wednesday night and was greeted by 88 degrees and 75% humidity. Welcome home
 
The killing freeze snuck up on me. Had errands down the hill in town and on the way home it got wet and the higher the elevation, the more snow and ice were around the roads. Wet and sloppy, built up on the road a little but not icy on the road.

IMG_0125.webp
 
I have my garden on notice for this week. I can't promise a full strip out but I need to refill my raised beds before fall freeze up. I got a pile of dirt and chicken poop that needs a new home now that it has seasoned in my wife's backyard for a year...
 
That hurricane that came up from the Pacific came through Tucson starting Thursday last week and dumped rain for 3 days. We got 3" total, and our winds amounted to about 5mph. What I can say is we got some very much needed rain, but it put me back on the job I'm working on. Later today I'll post a bunch of pictures of my progress.

Edit: my dates might be wrong, but my rain amount is correct....... ............ Nubs
 
Last edited:
That hurricane that came up from the Pacific came through Tucson starting Thursday last week and dumped rain for 3 days. We got 3" total, and our winds amounted to about 5mph. What I can say is we got some very much needed rain, but it put me back on the job I'm working on. Later today I'll post a bunch of pictures of my progress.

Edit: my dates might be wrong, but my rain amount is correct....... ............ Nubs
Glad you got rain. Heard the weather driving it was a little rough.
 
Back
Top