Well, Howard E. Burt's stores are a step above!

Our drive is flat, but I know what you mean about leaving cars at the road. Ours drifts so bad that during the blizzard of '78, it took 3 weeks to dig the drive out. Dad had left a car at the end of the drive, and rather than work on digging out the drive, we plowed a path through the cornfield and drove on that while we cleaned the drive.Have seen estimates from 8-15" of snow here, which is a lot for here if we get on the high end, usually 3-4" at a time is the most we get a couple times a year. What sucks is we have a steep gravel driveway shaded by trees, and not supposed to get above freezing for the foreseeable future. Once you drive on it with snow, that becomes ice. So we're gonna have to park our vehicles at the bottom of the hill and take our side by side up and down to leave prob for the next week![]()
Wow! I'll take digging our drive out anytime over trying to keep that thing driveable all winter. Of course you are a little bit further south...This is our hill, that was a past dusting though, curious to see what it’ll look like in the morning.
View attachment 283836
Yea luckily it only happens a handful of times a year.Wow! I'll take digging our drive out anytime over trying to keep that thing driveable all winter. Of course you are a little bit further south...
Break out the board games and make the kids play.
You're right! Once it hits 40 below 100, we're miserable down here!My wife and I were talking about the cold we're currently getting. We're obviously not fans of it, but have lived in colder. It's interesting that the temps on Friday - with windchills down to -40F - were enough to cancel and shut down a LOT of things. But when we lived in ND and MN, we could go 2 or 3 weeks in January and see these kinds of temps as the warmest it would get.
But, I've been thinking about and praying for everyone down south. Y'all aren't used to, or prepared for, the kind of weather you're getting hit with. Y'all stay safe down there.
You poor dear... If I could hit you with this snowball...Weather is awful here in South Florida, 87° and sunshine and windy. Tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. it's supposed to be 50° with 68° for the high.
I'm gonna have to get those long pants out again
Got up to 22 today. I was in a hood most of the time. Felt good versus the negative numbers we had the last 2 days. The 30 mph wind made it just super ick. We had 20 inches of snow. Been up about 36 hours, just getting in from plowing and shoveling. Shaking a bit so body is likely stressed.Weather is awful here in South Florida, 87° and sunshine and windy. Tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. it's supposed to be 50° with 68° for the high.
I'm gonna have to get those long pants out again
Ugh, no fun. Hope the possible storm next weekend stays off-shore.Got up to 22 today. I was in a hood most of the time. Felt good versus the negative numbers we had the last 2 days. The 30 mph wind made it just super ick. We had 20 inches of snow. Been up about 36 hours, just getting in from plowing and shoveling. Shaking a bit so body is likely stressed.