How's your weather treating you?

Ugh, no fun. Hope the possible storm next weekend stays off-shore.
We have had snow since Thanksgiving, the piles have not melted so out of room for many places. The curve ball is, we would have warm spells just enough to ruin the snow pack so we could not snowmobile. And just deep enough that the garden tractor can't be used in the woods for firewood.
 
We did get a round for now, but still not as much as we thought. Will see in the morning.

Be safe everyone. Watch those pipes in outside walls you southerners.
yea I was watching the Broncos game yesterday, the blizzard arrived during the second half, turned the game into a farce lol
 
You can have all the snow, ice, and cold temps you want. No power for six days now. Temps been as low as 5 deg. Running gen and two heaters to keep pipes from freezing.
 
@SENC
Henry, looks like you are gonna see a bit of snow. Got your shovel handy?

Stay safe down there.
They keep saying 5-8" (which would be a LOT for here) and possibly up to 12" in localized areas where heavy bands track. I'll believe it when I see it, but even 2-3" will slow things down a lot in this area. I'm just sorry I didnt get my boat done for this season - this is the type of weather we dream of down here.

The good news is they think what we get will be high-ratio dry, fluffy snow and little/no ice. I can live with that. My wife slipped on the little bit of ice we got last weekend and broke an arm - don't need to add any new damage.

I have plenty of good whisky and port laid up for events like this - important for keeping innards warm and outtards soft and pliable to reduce chance of injury.
 
They keep saying 5-8" (which would be a LOT for here) and possibly up to 12" in localized areas where heavy bands track. I'll believe it when I see it, but even 2-3" will slow things down a lot in this area. I'm just sorry I didnt get my boat done for this season - this is the type of weather we dream of down here.

The good news is they think what we get will be high-ratio dry, fluffy snow and little/no ice. I can live with that. My wife slipped on the little bit of ice we got last weekend and broke an arm - don't need to add any new damage.

I have plenty of good whisky and port laid up for events like this - important for keeping innards warm and outtards soft and pliable to reduce chance of injury.
Sorry to hear your wife went down for the count on ice! She should hibernate until the next storm passes! Chuck
 
My wife slipped on the little bit of ice we got last weekend and broke an arm - don't need to add any new damage.

I have plenty of good whisky and port laid up for events like this - important for keeping innards warm and outtards soft and pliable to reduce chance of injury.
Sorry to hear that, Henry, I hope it wasn't too bad a breaks go. She gets sympathy scotch.

We still have lots of ice here. Not going to get above freezing until next week earliest.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Henry, I hope it was too bad a breaks go. She gets sympathy scotch.

We still lots of ice here. Not going to get above freezing until next week earliest.
Ugh, that's miserable. My close friend in Nashville just got power back late Friday/early Saturday. Son there was lucky and never lost it. I hate ice.
 
Ugh, that's miserable. My close friend in Nashville just got power back late Friday/early Saturday. Son there was lucky and never lost it. I hate ice.
We never lost power. We initially had the light fluffy stuff, about 6" worth when I started shoveling at 6:30am last Sunday. By 7:30 it had changed to sleet and continued for about 12 hours. Shoveled 3 more times during the day as it got heavier and I got more tired each time. It all froze on top of the snow and is still here. Hasn't been above 24 degrees since, single digits at night. Fortunately, the sleet did not affect the trees or wires.
 
Easy way to get free dog food....
The Iguana hunters mostly grind them up fer chum fer the fishing boats.
I'm still going to cook one up to see if'n they taste like chicken. :cowboy:

And I need to skin one fer @Eric Rorabaugh to make pens with.
I'm also going to resin cast some Iguana skin pens to sell to the Iguana hunters
 
Last edited:
The Iguana hunters mostly grind them up fer chum fer the fishing boats.
I'm still going to cook one up to see if'n they taste like chicken. :cowboy:

And I need to skin one fer @Eric Rorabaugh to make pens with.
I'm also going to resin cast some Iguana skin pens to sell to the Iguana hunters
Should taste more like gator.
 
4-6" on the ground, and various sites say around 8" fell in our immediate area, so seems to match up. Fortunately almost all light and fluffy, going to head out in a bit to see if I can blow most of it off the walks. It won't go anywhere today due to cold, and minimal melting tomorrow, but Tue/Wed should be better. No major outages that I'm aware of. Pup loved her morning walk, and will head out later this morning to do some retrieving in it.

20260201_081653.webp
 
Back
Top