Kevin's magic forest

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #21
My expression of interest was at 1:33pm. I would like (1) larger size block. You pick. Thanks! Chuck
I'm sorry my friend and I'm not trying to start a problem here but at 3:33 ( my time) you said you wanted a couple pieces, I asked you to pick one because I wanted to spread it around, you did not get back to me until 5:41 my time, steelart99 came in at 3:53 my time before you got back to me, I am sorry, yes you expressed interest but you didn't pick one.
I'm sorry folks but if did it wrong please speak up and let me know, would a mod jump in here please @woodtickgreg
 
Last edited:
Timeframes for choices are pretty incredibly short. I am on WB at least 10 times a day, this time only about 2 hours later. Chuck
 
Joe @shadetree_1 - please send my pick to Chuck @Nature Man. If anyone is deserving of a piece of Kevin’s Magic Forest, Chuck would be at the top of that list. One of Kevin’s piece would find its way home to me someday if it is meant to be. Let me know the shipping Joe and Chuck please give him your address. Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️!

Arn
 
Joe @shadetree_1 - please send my pick to Chuck @Nature Man. If anyone is deserving of a piece of Kevin’s Magic Forest, Chuck would be at the top of that list. One of Kevin’s piece would find its way home to me someday if it is meant to be. Let me know the shipping Joe and Chuck please give him your address. Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️!

Arn
Arn -
You were distinctly in front of me in the queue. I am pretty ambivalent about a certain piece, and I know you picked a particular one.
Chuck
 
Arn -
You were distinctly in front of me in the queue. I am pretty ambivalent about a certain piece, and I know you picked a particular one.
Chuck
Chuck- yes, but I am willing to give up mine to you. I never ever pick a bad one- you know that:sarcastic:. Another opportunity will come along. So no worries. Arn
 
I drive through his town on the way to Memphis Sunday. I looked around but never did see the magical forest...
 
Joe, Chuck (and Arn),
I just got back online since this afternoon and see the bit of back and forth about these treasures and the timing of each of us noting an interest. I will back off on my selection to honor Chuck's earlier expression. We all miss Kevin and his collections from the "magic forest".

Thank you again Joe for making this offering
 
Joe, Chuck (and Arn),
I just got back online since this afternoon and see the bit of back and forth about these treasures and the timing of each of us noting an interest. I will back off on my selection to honor Chuck's earlier expression. We all miss Kevin and his collections from the "magic forest".

Thank you again Joe for making this offering
Thank you, Dan. What with Arn’s offer, this will have to be unwound a bit. Arn was first in line, and he really should get his first choice. Chuck
 
Tell ya what just to clear up all the confusion, send it all to me and there won't be any confusion on who gets what. emoji-waving-with-one-hand-isolated-on-yellow-background-good-bye-emoticon-3d-rendering-2CFPKW1.webp
 
Joe @shadetree_1 - I am still giving up my seat for Chuck @Nature Man, so the piece I picked please ship it to him (Chuck send him your address) and let me know the shipping cost via DM. That will allow for Dan @Steelart99 to keep what he selected- and Dan @Steelart99 if anyone that would do Kevin’s piece justice, this man would, as his works are from another universe.

Joe, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or complications this may have caused, but you can see how we all want to connect to Kevin and that we respect the legacy that he left, which you so generously have offered to us. His generosity and his kindred spirits lives on this forum as you can see how respectfully everyone is when it comes to his “magic forest”. I do have a special piece of him and @Tony was more than gracious and generous to have sent it my way several years ago. I am planning to build a special guitar with his bois d arc in the near future and other woods (plus the remaining missing parts as it comes up here in this forum) that I have received from other members here.
 
Last edited:
I would like to have the piece standing up showing the end grain if available. I really miss Kevin and wish he was here. If the piece showing the end is spoken for. I would like the fourth p9iece on the right.
 
Last edited:
Joe @shadetree_1 - I am still giving up my seat for Chuck @Nature Man, so the piece I picked please ship it to him (Chuck send him your address) and let me know the shipping cost via DM. That will allow for Dan @Steelart99 to keep what he selected- and Dan @Steelart99 if anyone that would do Kevin’s piece justice, this man would, as his works are from another universe.

Joe, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or complications this may have caused, but you can see how we all want to connect to Kevin and that we respect the legacy that he left, which you so generously have offered to us. His generosity and his kindred spirits lives on this forum as you can see how respectfully everyone is when it comes to his “magic forest”. I do have a special piece of him and @Tony was more than gracious and generous to have sent it my way several years ago. I am planning to build a special guitar with his bois d arc in the near future and other woods (plus the remaining missing parts as it comes up here in this forum) that I have received from other members here.
After careful consideration, I would be pleased to accept Arn’s proposal. At no time did I mean to cause dissension amongst the ranks. None of us would be here without Kevin’s efforts to establish this forum for woodworkers. Thank you Kevin, Arn, and Joe! Chuck
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #36
I would like to have the piece standing up showing the end grain if available. I really miss Kevin and wish he was here. If the piece showing the end is spoken for. I would like the fourth p9iece on the right.
Sorry my friend but that piece was claimed yesterday
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #37
Alright. Already, you all have got me throughly confused !
I want someone to list in the proper order as to who gets what please because at this point this old man is befuddled!
There has been so much back and forth that I'm not sure which way is up, HELP SOMEONE,
I'm just about at the point where I want to Chuck it all, retract the post and throw it all in the fireplace!
I kid you not ! !
 
Last edited:
Alright. Already, you all have got me throughly confused ! Who is Joshua utay? He paid for the small DIW logs, is there a piece of magic forest that goes in his box ?
I want someone to list in the proper order as to who gets what please because at this point this old man is befuddled!
There has been so much back and forth that I'm not sure which way is up, HELP SOMEONE,
I'm just about at the point where I want to Chuck it all, retract the post and throw it all in the fireplace!
I kid you not ! !
I’ll get you started Joe with a map. Someone take over from here and help list the names to the corresponding number. And no, the Warden gets only 1……

IMG_9516.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Joe @shadetree_1 - I am still giving up my seat for Chuck @Nature Man, so the piece I picked please ship it to him (Chuck send him your address) and let me know the shipping cost via DM. That will allow for Dan @Steelart99 to keep what he selected- and Dan @Steelart99 if anyone that would do Kevin’s piece justice, this man would, as his works are from another universe.

Joe, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or complications this may have caused, but you can see how we all want to connect to Kevin and that we respect the legacy that he left, which you so generously have offered to us. His generosity and his kindred spirits lives on this forum as you can see how respectfully everyone is when it comes to his “magic forest”. I do have a special piece of him and @Tony was more than gracious and generous to have sent it my way several years ago. I am planning to build a special guitar with his bois d arc in the near future and other woods (plus the remaining missing parts as it comes up here in this forum) that I have received from other members here.
Arn, you are as always a true gentleman, and I do appreciate your comment on my creations.

Joe, as Arn and Chuck both noted, we all look back with great fondness on all our interactions with Kevin. Further, none of us meant to make it difficult for your generous offers.
 
Back
Top