Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ken - I just noticed most of your models have a ribbon or two or three sitting next to them. Is there a model building fair or something in which you enter these? As soon as the other contestants find out you entered a model do they all drop out?
Every year I enter some of my work in the local fair. These models get entered into the wooden toy division. I've had the first place status in that category for over 10 years now. I've won in those categories so often that they rearranged the fair's prize structure to allow others to have a chance at the prizes. LOL. I guess that's a compliment too.

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
Every year I enter some of my work in the local fair. These models get entered into the wooden toy division. I've had the first place status in that category for over 10 years now. I've won in those categories so often that they rearranged the fair's prize structure to allow others to have a chance at the prizes. LOL. I guess that's a compliment too.
First place of the Canadian fair, you get a red ribbon. Second place is as blue ribbon and $100, 3rd place is also a blue ribbon and $50. Something like that?

Are there a lot of toy makers so close to the north pole?

Last edited:

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
I think that's what they call "owning that contest". Or is that a dynasty? Either way, well deserved in my opinion. Except for the year you brought a leopard. That was just wrong.

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Well I finished the build today. I spent some time to install all the decorative details on the driver's side of the bucket and then installed the bumpers / stops on the top of the cab for the bucket. Total time, 12weeks/ 200 hours. I'm calling this build done.

IMG_9351.JPG IMG_9352.JPG IMG_9353.JPG IMG_9354.JPG IMG_9355.JPG IMG_9356.JPG IMG_9357.JPG IMG_9358.JPG IMG_9359.JPG IMG_9360.JPG

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
the last 3
IMG_9361.JPG IMG_9362.JPG IMG_9363.JPG

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Sorta reminds me of the Pickle Episode of Mayberry!