Everything of Paul's is going in this thread. I don't think this piece is thick enough for most carvers. It's only about 1" thick. Might make a nice lightweight tabletop.Any carvers? Butternut is an extremely fine carving wood. Like basswoods better looking cousin. Maybe list it in a separate thread specifically for carvers.
No, there really isn't much in the way of rare species with any of this remaining stock of Paul's. A good chunk of it is US domestic species, though there are still several exotics. There is no rosewood or ebony in Paul's collection. Any rosewoods or ebonies in any package were added from my own stock. There are a few uncommon/oddball species, but they aren't necessarily rare or super valuable. Paul just has some uncommon or less common sizes with some of these pieces, which might be attractive to some.
I was thinking chip carving.Everything of Paul's is going in this thread. I don't think this piece is thick enough for most carvers. It's only about 1" thick. Might make a nice lightweight tabletop.
Sure. I know nothing about that, but I'm sure it could be put to several uses.I was thinking chip carving.
I guess i probably should have weighed all these single pieces ahead of time.And how much does it weigh? ... about 25 lbs?
Yeah. There are areas of woodworking I am clueless about too.Sure. I know nothing about that, but I'm sure it could be put to several uses.