Tony made me do it!

AgainstThe Grain

Reaction score
First name
George
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
By the way, when you get a chance you should post some of the pieces you did with the FBE you got from Kevin a couple years ago. Tony
This is the only picture I got of them before they were sold. The finish was barely dry! Flaming Box Elder and NE Elm

15272204_1261171177280950_7095688133889831281_o.jpg

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
WELCOME! From Michigan.:welcome2: It was great meeting you in Texas and Good to see you here George, great community here.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy George, welcome to the club.

Just so you know, there is going to be some confusion down the road. There is now 2 of yas...
@against.the.grain
and you...
@AgainstThe Grain

I would suggest coming up with a different name, and let one of the admins know.

AgainstThe Grain

Reaction score
First name
George
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Howdy George, welcome to the club.

Just so you know, there is going to be some confusion down the road. There is now 2 of yas...
@against.the.grain
and you...
@AgainstThe Grain

I would suggest coming up with a different name, and let one of the admins know.
Interesting ... I just used the dba I established down here; i will think about something appropriate.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I actually thought you were the other guy at first. I had to look around to see who is who.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome to the forum @AgainstThe Grain. One of the things we like to do here is identify the type of wood used in any pics you post. Not everyone will know by looking. Thanks.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Wow is that in the rules somewhere?
Nobody explained that to me
Nope, not a rule., not even a requirement, just something polite to do to be helpful to those who can't ID woods by sight.

Last edited:

woodman6415

Reaction score
First name
wendell
Nope, not a rule, just something to be helpful to those who can't ID woods by sight.
Well you posted it like a requirement instead of just asking ... I've seen lots of pictures posted here over the years I've been a member and have never once seen you state that like that ... the 5 or 6 guys that welcomed him above your post requested pics and never said a description was needed ..

woodman6415

Reaction score
First name
wendell
Well some of "we" have not much interest in wood identification as "we" are here for the art .. one of our best Turners in our club .. has demoed at swat turns a bunch of construction 2x6 bowls .. all look good to me ..