Have this decent sized block of wood. Roughly measured out 7.5 x 9 x 9” . I calculated it to something around 4.5 bf.
Weighs approx 13 pounds. So approximately 3 pounds/bf. No distinct odor when I trimmed it on the bandsaw. Had some spectacular figure maybe related to the knots (there’s a couple). Also shows some nice chatoyance. Pic is wetted.
Has a golden hue. Maybe Koa? (Wishful thinking
)
I sanded the end grain to 400 and tried to get a couple decent pics . 1/16” scale.
Any ideas?
@Mr. Peet
Weighs approx 13 pounds. So approximately 3 pounds/bf. No distinct odor when I trimmed it on the bandsaw. Had some spectacular figure maybe related to the knots (there’s a couple). Also shows some nice chatoyance. Pic is wetted.
Has a golden hue. Maybe Koa? (Wishful thinking
I sanded the end grain to 400 and tried to get a couple decent pics . 1/16” scale.
Any ideas?
@Mr. Peet