Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I'm seriously fat and need it when the summer hits. :greeting::lol2:
Me too, and I never have done well in the heat. That's why I live in the northern climate. We've had a nice spring so far50s, 60s, and a couple days of 70s. My kind of weather.

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Wow, gorgeous walnut logs with minimal sapwood. That bowl is a beaut with the swirling grain.

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
About a month ago we had all the carpet pulled and laminate installed. There were a couple of custom reduction pieces needed and not the crap the installer was going to use. I was hoping big box would have something out of wood for the reduction but none “just right “. I got some oak 1/2” x 1-1/2” and use routing table and bandsaw to make this profile, forgot to get actual pic.
IMG_4152.jpeg IMG_4151.jpeg IMG_4150.jpeg
I was reminded while using router that a couple drawers were in need of TLC to close right. I was able to loosen drawer front and adjust bottom to be about 10-15 thousandths loose and then use my rabbet plane to shave the top till a nice fit. I have a few other planes better suited, but not dialed in sharp as my rabbet plane. Totally get the allure of non-power tools.

Lastly, my bandsaw sled had a bad habit of lifting out of slot and falling off so I installed 5 neobidsumpin magnets in two spots about 1/16” from bottom of holes. Works great.

IMG_4149.jpeg IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Not totally in the shop but some. Trying to go through the trailer, figure out whats going to the 🔥, what I can sell, what needs to be stacked somewhere so I can sell the trailer and buy a bigger one. Two crates, several boxes and all these loose blanks too.

20240427_124052.jpg

20240427_124057.jpg

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Having some shop time this week. Started a small chalis yesterday and finished it today. From a walnut branch that we picked up when we got that load of walnut last month. Just goofing around. The pith kept showing itself.