What music are you listening to NOW?

So you prefer the Black Sabbath version, ha ha.

Actually I do but he did a great job of it. Some covers that are totally different are nice surprises. I think what I disliked about that was the video itself. The song interp was great.
 
Actually I do but he did a great job of it. Some covers that are totally different are nice surprises. I think what I disliked about that was the video itself. The song interp was great.
I agree, I have listened to that version a number of times without ever really watching the video before. The Sabbath version is pretty depressing too, I just listened to it in the first time in forever. Pretty much anything on the Dap tone label is great. Their studio is a trip back to the 60's.
 
Last night my wife and I were at a benefit event and spent the evening listening to Idina Menzel. I was happy she didn't do a ton of stuff from "Frozen", She stuck to older stuff a few numbers from "Rent" too (She was an original cast member Here is one of the pictures I took. She came out into the audience and was less than 10 feet from us. She did a few duets with folks from the audience that knew the songs. Most were pretty good, only one had me wanting to hide under my seat.

2016-04-30 22.12.39.webp
 
Here's a guy I just discovered. Love his versatility he has many different sounds and cuts across several generes. Most of it sounds like it could come out od muscle shoals with some NOLA jazzy bkues and a little Chitown R&B mixed in and how can any of that be bad....

 
Back
Top