What music are you listening to NOW?

I got another good one kevin...


8 Minutes of awesome....it cuts out at the end when you see more band members walk on stage...I love this kind of stuff.
 
I've seen it Marc awesome vid. He's had an amazing career and his body of work is not matched by many in any genre, and it looks like the ruors of his musical demise were greatly exaggerated ... thankfully.
 
Marc I loved being "the man" when I played classic cover rock with various band not having to share the "drumming glory" with anyone, but I have to admit loved ensemble almost as much. The only really good group I was part of was with USA when I attended with a scholarship in 82/83. The most rewarding thing about ensemble is the diffuclty putting it all together, focusing on your part yet hearing the others without letting them throw you, then blending it all to perfection. Showtime is just a formality if you've practiced enough to do it in your sleep but it's a high you can't replicate. I wanted to post a really well-executed complex arrangement by an ensemble but couldn't find anything on youtube I thought worth posting.

But for some real good fun this one is so original in a non traditional chamber type setting I just love it.

 
The title of this one says it all...lol


If you never saw his interview after that you ought to - that YT video got him noticed by the kings of drumming and he got invited to Woodstick, Adams Drum Festival and probably more since then. Cool guy too.
 
Marc I loved being "the man" when I played classic cover rock with various band not having to share the "drumming glory" with anyone, but I have to admit loved ensemble almost as much. The only really good group I was part of was with USA when I attended with a scholarship in 82/83. The most rewarding thing about ensemble is the diffuclty putting it all together, focusing on your part yet hearing the others without letting them throw you, then blending it all to perfection. Showtime is just a formality if you've practiced enough to do it in your sleep but it's a high you can't replicate. I wanted to post a really well-executed complex arrangement by an ensemble but couldn't find anything on youtube I thought worth posting.

But for some real good fun this one is so original in a non traditional chamber type setting I just love it.

Omg....I love it!!!
 
Wow - Theres more than just good drumming there. It started off tight and intriguing. At about 5 minutes I started dozing. At 6 I fell off my stool. Let me know how it ends :sarcastic:

Lol dude you missed out. But really that's why this kind of jazz isn't mainstream -- it really is a musician's music for the most part. If you listen to Acoustic Alchemy (no offense Alan) any second year jazz student can play that elevator stuff. It has no feeling at all. But what Marc posted that takes years of skill and talent most people don't and never will have. Most musicians don't even have it. That's why if you ask rock musicians what they listen to many will say improvisational jazz. They're a special breed.
 
The title of this one says it all...lol

Haha. The only bad part of that video is that the other guy kept getting in the way so you couldn't watch the drummer. Very entertaining. Call me crazy but for some reason I kept imagining Chris Farley sitting behind that drum kit.
 
Hmm...it's later than I thought...yesterday I listened to him....today...probably some more...
 

I saw these guys once...great show.

I just played this song yesterday in my shop lol! Hadn't heard it in forever and needed to -- what are the odds you'd post it. Are you spying on me? :watchingyou:
 
@ripjack13 you sneaky snake! I just realized I changed my signature to "I'd like to have a jet but it's not in the song" before you ever posted the song -- you saw my new sig and googled it and found out where it comes from then posted you the song LMAO you rock dude. :highfive:

I saw them also with either Montrose or Foghat I can't remember but it was in the Hampton Roads coliseum. I saw mt very first concert in that coliseum also: Poco opened, next Marshall Tucker and then the main cat Charlie Daniels. It was an awesome show.
 
Rats...foiled again....:sarcastic:

I just remembered who they opened for....Van halen...(van hagar)

Great show....
 
Back
Top