What music are you listening to NOW?

Here's a video I worked on. I made the round room they're in. The turntable was a rental....

 
A little brass. These guys are kind of fun to listen to. Pretty high energy.

Here is one of the same song just the sax player and percusion. The sax player is fun to watch in this video.
 
Scott that second one (didn't watch the first one) is badass. I didn't know a bari sax could hit notes that damn high. That was worth watching!
 
Scott that second one (didn't watch the first one) is badass. I didn't know a bari sax could hit notes that damn high. That was worth watching!

Yeah I didn't know they could hit that high either. These guys kind of come off as street musicians and they seem to like to play in subways but they have a few albums recorded and they have played in festivals in Europe several times.

It was definitely the little energy pickup I needed this morning.
 
The acoustics in the subway are good and the sound travels throughout it. So people wander over to see the hubub...so I'm told.
 
Been there a few times....wasn't impressed. Dirty city....
 
No secret I am not a city fan... however street performers intrigue me. There are some damn good musicians that are "street performers".
When we went to Boston for a weekend a couple months ago there was a drummer in Faneuil Hall square that was just awesome. You could hear him a half mile away. He was using a 5 gallon paint bucket, a grill grate, a metal bucket and a big glass jug. He was sitting on the ground and holding the bucket with his feet. He would corral the other pieces as the vibrated away while he was playing. Struck up a conversation with him and he started explaining drumming ' This was his trap, this was his snare.. etc. he knew his $hit. Turns out he was in a band and had started his own band but it kind of fell apart and this was fill in money. He must have made $250 in the half hour or so we were there. More than anything he was having fun doing what he loves to do.

Then you have the opposite... I was in Manhattan today taking Gail to the eye infirmary. This gal is a regular down there and doesn't hold the same intrigue...

IMG_0055.webp

The subway is not my cup of tea, but if I ran across those guys I think I would have to stop and watch.
 
What would happen if George Jones and Tammy Wynette had a daughter?

This would.....

 
Heard the tribute on my talk show this afternoon. I had their Head to the Sky album but did not follow them after that except hearing them on the radio. They had a fantastic clean sound and I wish more bands would revert to real music. You know, great harmony, real talent on the instruments, clear lyrics, a horn section, a message in the song . . . .
 

hahahahaaaa....this is pretty cool, actually.
 
Back
Top