What music are you listening to NOW?

Hey Les, I'm a bigtime Danny Gatton fan too, love his version of Harlem Nocturn

Barry that is a great version. I knew I wanted to hear Gatton that night but after listening to bunches of stuff just threw that out there. Your choice was much better. I love the album with Joey Defranseco ( I know I spelled it wrong) too.
 
First song came on after I got done doing my little bit of machining. I felt great and this kicked it up a notch better.

You're bound to knkw I love anything with BB on the kit. That takes me wayyyyyy back.
 
I dig this guitar player. Try to ignkre the drummer if possible, he thinks he is chopping wood instead of making music. @Kenbo do you have any mix down equipment where you could filter that wood chopper out and one of us could lay down a track that actually compliments the other musicians? I don't make a habit of putting down another drummer but damn man he destroyed an otherwise excellent cover.....

 
Most LZ fans and especially critics do not put Presence even in the upper half of Led Zeppelin's discography. But it is in my top three and depending on what day you catch me I might say at the very top. And my favorite song on this excellent musical masterpiece of an album is this one.....


But that wasn't news for anyone who has been following this thread ha ha ha
 
I have the Prince tribute channel on SiriusXM (ch50) and this song is on...

 
I have the Prince tribute channel on SiriusXM (ch50) and this song is on...

 
I dig this guitar player. Try to ignkre the drummer if possible, he thinks he is chopping wood instead of making music. @Kenbo do you have any mix down equipment where you could filter that wood chopper out and one of us could lay down a track that actually compliments the other musicians? I don't make a habit of putting down another drummer but damn man he destroyed an otherwise excellent cover.....

This looks like a practice session, but damn man - tune your guitar!
 
@Kevin - It usually guitar players that peak my interest in a song and hardly ever a drummer (Because I never played drums) but This guy stands out song after song after song. Dave Mathews Band. If you don't want to listen to the whole song start at about 2:15. He is syncopating his syncopated beats in double time and the adding more, Its just sick.
 
@Kevin - It usually guitar players that peak my interest in a song and hardly ever a drummer (Because I never played drums) but This guy stands out song after song after song. Dave Mathews Band. If you don't want to listen to the whole song start at about 2:15. He is syncopating his syncopated beats in double time and the adding more, Its just sick.

I have 2 DM CD's but not this one and never heard it before. I'm halfway through and loving it. Yes his drummer is awesome. The whole band are freaks. I don't much about them beyond the two albums I have and need to explore them more. Thanks for the tag on this. Great stuff. And good ear on your part! Love those horns too!
 

See if you can guess what song before looking to see what the title is down below....




















Tracklist Volume III
Star Wars Main Title
Can't Give You Anything (But My Love)
Kung-Fu-Fighting
Layla
Alright Now
Fire
Do You Think I'm Sexy
Ma Baker
Y.M.C.A.
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Don't Stop (Till You Get Enough)
Theme From MASH
The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore
Overture From Tommy
Get Off
Stars On 45
Baker Street
Bette Davis' Eyes
Eve Of The War
 
Last edited:
@Kevin - Been digging into this CD more. Its a DM to me too. Two more tracks that just stand out. Your right - the entire band are freaks but the drummer just blows my mind. It sounds as if the songs were written around his tracks but obviously that is not the case - He is just that intuitive.



 
Back
Top