What music are you listening to NOW?


Man does this bring back memories. I bought the album for this song only. I couldn't name a single other song off the album but I wore that track out.
 
Great band first show I ever seen them and fog hat with jgiles

That's cool Steve where did you see them? They were my 2nd or 3rd concert I saw them in Hampton Roads coliseum in either 74 or 75. Foghat and them both opened for Bad Company. Montrose was actually the opener then the Hat. Bad Company was okay but Montrose stole the show for sure.

It had to be in '74 because I just checked release date for Paper Money and it says it was released in '74 and I remember them playing some tunes "off of our upcoming album" and the title track was one and that drum intro really stuck in my head.
 

Most people today have no idea the extent of the impact Arlo and his dad Woody had on the musci scene (I know I didn't for many years). They think of CONO and Alice's restaurant and that's about it. Woody was one of a handful of musicians who revived folk music again and it had a huge impact on the songwriters and musicians of the 60s such as Dillon and dozens of others. Music today would be very different without the Gutheries especially Woody, the lesser known of the two today.
 
You're on a roll Steve . . . . .
 
Dedicated to Henry since he likes Texas BBQ the most . . .


@SENC
 
I'm a full fledged bluegrass man. I'm not in my shop right now. I'm in the house recovering from pneumonia listening to the Darlings (The Dillards) on the Andy Griffith Show. I play the mandolin and guitar, mostly in church.
I dig blue grass! I go to blue grass festivals whenever I can.
 
Back
Top