Been listening to this band a lot. 3 singers!
Well, technically,2 singers and 1 throat puncher....lol
Well, technically,2 singers and 1 throat puncher....lol
I think I understand what you're getting at. The comment "emotionally effective" is accurate to me. Take Chris Isaac's "Wicked Game". It wouldn't be nearly as effective without some sound engineering. kd lang's voice is just so incredible. Or just take the old surfer tunes from the 60's. Play "Pipeline" on my acoustic and it just doesn't have the same impact without the sharp reverb of the electric.@DLJeffs - that is a good version and a lot of artist has done their own rendition of it creating their own mood and feel for the song. I like his version best because how he utilized an “atmospheric effect” between the guitar sound/tone/effects/engineering with his wide range vocals to the meaningful lyrical content to make that song to be more “emotionally effective”. That is the difference between other renditions- I know what I just stated is very subjective. If you are an audiophile and a musician that enjoys the process in how a “song and sound” was created, it opens your ear to a more extended experience and a more enjoyable one if you can appreciate all the subtle nuances as well as substance that make that song much more memorable.
I have these two links if you want to dive into what I am referring too and it discusses how that sound envelope was developed using multiple reverbs, in stereo and how to get that overall sound/tone with effects with pedals and with an aide of the computer music software. The original engineer who mixed that album shows how it was done and the other is a popular guitarist shows how “close” you can get to that sound- the “essence” of it. He got fairly close, but there are so many variables in that chain- for one the guitar pickups he has does not have the same output as Jeff’s original tele pickups and we don’t know what amplifier(s) and speaker(s) he used. You have to listen to this content with a really good head set as oppose to blaring them out of your speakers if you want to catch the subtle nuances:
I agree. SRV was one of my favoritesI'm sorry you did not know about those. They have been a staple throughout my life!! That's one helluva lineup!I did not know this existed - where has it been all my life? I am now at peace!
Oh I know the Highwaymen, - just not the video...I'm sorry you did not know about those. They have been a staple throughout my life!! That's one helluva lineup!
Sounded strikingly similar to a piece my brother would play 30 years ago. Being so, I enjoyed hearing it.Ludivico Einaudi - Luminous (Live)
Thanks a bunch. That can be hard to track down in the originalJust getting this up early in case some of you don't have a local radio station that plays this at noon tomorrow. Family tradition for me, as a kid we would always listen to this at noon wether we were travelling or at home.
It was tough, but I made it through one of the links. On a side note, ever watch YoYo (Pimxi Liu) play? She did a cover of Angel of Darkness when she was 9 that is pretty awesome.Kick off the holiday spirit with some of my fave music that I never get tired off listening to every year. Hope some of you are fans of the oldies but goodies- a musical treat from the late Joe Pass and late great Ella Fitzgerald. @Mike Hill some classics for your Tennessean elder ears (lol):
This is a tough crowd- appreciate listening in. This genre is not for everybody. I consider him a prodigy and probably one of the best guitarist of our time- to my eyes and ears anyway. His best and mind boggling encyclopedia of taking technical proficiency and the “in and out of pocket” playing to accelerating heights to another level is an album called “Virtuoso”.It was tough, but I made it through one of the links. On a side note, ever watch YoYo (Pimxi Liu) play? She did a cover of Angel of Darkness when she was 9 that is pretty awesome.
