What’s cooking in your kitchen?

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #22
Pot roast. Just added the potatoes and carrots. While waiting, I’m enjoying whiskey soup with ice croutons and a cigar.

Shudder….i just felt some cornbread coming on. My mother had the best recipe for cornbread. I have several good recipes for cornbread but haven’t found one better than Mother’s . I know this recipe by heart.

SOUR CREAM CORNBREAD
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1 8oz can creamed corn
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon baking powder

Preheat a 9” cast iron skillet with a little oil in it in a 450f oven. Mix everything together and put in heated skillet. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Note, if you have self rising cornmeal, eliminate the salt and baking powder.

IMG_3300.webp
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #29
That thermometer must be broken cuz I know damn well it ain’t 40F in Texas right now.

Ya making the mouth water. How hot did you make I?
 
Shakshuka. It’s eggs that are poached in a tomato and paprika sauce. My wife made some baguette. Both look good. Shakshuka is actually a traditional Tunisian breakfast dish but we like for dinner. We also add more spice than them. Ours are very spicy. IMG_4715.webp
IMG_4714.webp
 
That thermometer must be broken cuz I know damn well it ain’t 40F in Texas right now.

Ya making the mouth water. How hot did you make I?
It ain't broke! You're reading 40* Celsius which is 104* F. Feel better now?
It's got a pretty good bite to it but dissipates quickly!! It's good
 
Shakshuka. It’s eggs that are poached in a tomato and paprika sauce. My wife made some baguette. Both look good. Shakshuka is actually a traditional Tunisian breakfast dish but we like for dinner. We also add more spice than them. Ours are very spicy.View attachment 293939
View attachment 293940
I made some Shashuka with all my homegrown tomatoes this past summer. It was excellent and will do it again
 
OK, Barry Ole boy, Boudin is a Cajun word. It's correct spelling is BOUDIN, pronounced BOO DAN, the "N" being silent, not boudian, which I've discovered is a Texan word, coming out of Beaumont, by Zummo's Boudain. Walmart sells it and that's much closer than my hometown in Louisiana. It does make my mouth water. I don't remember ever seeing it smoked, but we moved out of Cajun Country in '61, so don't remember. ........... Nubs
 
Last edited:
Back
Top