What’s cooking in your kitchen?

Happy belated birthday. Have a slice for me if there is any left. The frosting sounds delicious. The cake should be edible as well...
It's been 10 years or more since I personally baked a cake. Not nearly as long since I did the frosting.
 
Yesterday I celebrated my 80th birthday by making myself a German Chocolate cake. Somewhere along the line, the Coconut Pecan frosting I make from scratch didn't come out like it has in the past. I cook and stir until I get to the soft ball stage, and then add the C&P's. When I added it to the cake, it was not as thick as it has been for the 40-50 cakes I've made in the last 30 years. Still as tasty as all of them, though.
That countertop it's sitting on was made back in 84, I think. Hard maple, with Red Oak bread board edging. Not one single split in the maple, but the Oak ends do the seasonal thing some times.
View attachment 294231 .............. Nubs
Happy 89th birthday @Nubsnstubs

I love German Chocolate cake too. JD
 
Happy 89th birthday @Nubsnstubs

I love German Chocolate cake too. JD
Yeah. Me too. We don’t make it often (even though my wife loves to bake and is german) but when we do it doesn’t survive long. The beauty of three growing kids is that they shovel everything up and leave no leftovers.
 
Back
Top