A Joke a Day Keeps The Boredom Away . . .

The summer between Jr & Sr years of high school, i got a dream date for 4th of July Fireworks over a lake in southern Michigan. Shaved, showered and loaded up on Brut Cologne. Turned out that Brut was the best mosquito attractant ever conceived, and while several hundred other people enjoyed the sky show, i was attacked by 3,479,221 mosquitos. I was so slathered with bug swattings, i didn't care that my "hot date" went home with someone else. Never wore Brut after that, and more than 50 years later i don't wear any cologne if i'm going to an outdoor event at night.
 
The summer between Jr & Sr years of high school, i got a dream date for 4th of July Fireworks over a lake in southern Michigan. Shaved, showered and loaded up on Brut Cologne. Turned out that Brut was the best mosquito attractant ever conceived, and while several hundred other people enjoyed the sky show, i was attacked by 3,479,221 mosquitos. I was so slathered with bug swattings, i didn't care that my "hot date" went home with someone else. Never wore Brut after that, and more than 50 years later i don't wear any cologne if i'm going to an outdoor event at night.
I'm pretty sure that was not funny at the time!
 
When I was in college in Myrtle Beach I worked on a gold course that was along the swamp near the intercoastal waterway. Some guys come to the shop and told our boss they wanted us to try this bug repellent they just invented. Greatest thing since sliced bread they said. We tried it for a week. That $%^t attracted the biting black flies. A week later they came back and asked how we liked it. We told them it wasn't worth a damn. We had them put it on and took them for a ride. They got ate up and figured they need to relook at their formula. Best thing there was to use was Avon Skin-so-Soft.
 
Best thing there was to use was Avon Skin-so-Soft.
Had an Aunt who was an Avon dealer. @Tony 's grandma lived near her. When young, I musta been somewhat allergic to mosquito saliva or something. They would cause these huge, 2" to 3" whelps on my arms and to a lesser extent my legs. Aunt Maxine would always give me sample packs of Skin-so-Soft to use. Quickly learned not to use it, it seemed to act as Earl's Brut did. My Dad's mom swore by Apple Cider Vinegar rubbed into the skin. I don't remember trying it, though I would splash some in the sardine dip we used to make together! Hey, I was young and thought it was delicious. Not as good as the hand-pulled vinegar taffy though. Yummy!!!!!
 
There is a myth that most women prefer male stripper bodies over dad bods.


Screenshot_20260327-201342~2.jpg

Well, Magic Mike movie grossed $167,000,000.

Shrek movie grossed $485,000,000

Screenshot_20260327-201833~2.jpg

Dad bods rule!!!
 
Last edited:
When does 6+4+3=2?

Now that you brought it into perspective, I get what it means, but I'll never use it. It's not math as math goes.

@Wildthings , using jet lag seems to me to be a pretty lame excuse for not knowing the answer to this as heavily as you are into baseball, or at least the team you're supporting. :sofa: ............. Nubs
Looking back at this, I'm truly disappointed in myself. I'm still going to blame it on jet lag though. Wait, maybe eating all that sweet, delectable maple syrup we made the previous 10 days.


Good Stuff
 
Last edited:
Looking back at this, I'm truly disappointed in myself. I'm still going to blame it on jet lag though. Wait, maybe eating all that sweet, delectable maple syrup we made the previous 10 days.
Ok, I'll buy that excuse. Eating is always better than being drowsy. ........... Nubs
 
Looking back at this, I'm truly disappointed in myself. I'm still going to blame it on jet lag though. Wait, maybe eating all that sweet, delectable maple syrup we made the previous 10 days.


Good Stuff
Its always been a question whether Astros fans are really baseball fans, ir just fans of cheaters. :sofa:
 
Back
Top