ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I also need my conversation turned on. Thanks

I'm sure you read the rules, but if you actually read em, you wouldn't have posted this. The explanation is in the 1st rule.

Your first step to using this site is to read these rules then start your own thread in the introduction forum and tell us at least a little about you. You cannot post in any forums until you have made an introduction. "PRIVATE MESSAGES" are called "Conversations" with this forum software. You will automatically be given Conversation privileges after 5 posts of actual content.

Just sayin....

Upnorth89

Reaction score
First name
Derek
I can't seem to figure out how to start a conversation with a member. How does it work?

POST IN THIS TOPIC IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THE CONVERSATION FEATURE PLEASE. WE WILL REPLY/HELP AS SOON AS INHUMANLY POSSIBLE. :sarcastic:
:thanx2:

***ripjack13***
I can’t seem to get my conversations to work. Can someone point me in the right direction?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I did do my 5 posts but I can’t figure it out haha
what exactly are you having trouble with?
I'll start one with ya. sometimes that kick starts the old machine into gear....

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Can we delete old conversations to keep our inbox cleaned out? I tried "selecting" conversations and then clicking on the "Action" drop down but I don't see the ability to delete a conversation. Is there a procedure that allows us to do this or do we need the Admins to help?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Can we delete old conversations to keep our inbox cleaned out? I tried "selecting" conversations and then clicking on the "Action" drop down but I don't see the ability to delete a conversation. Is there a procedure that allows us to do this or do we need the Admins to help?
In the action bar, Its called "leave conversation"...

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Is it no longer possible to attach files in PMs? I've got some older messages that had pictures attached, but the "Attach files" button isn't there, at least on my phone.

Another way to do it?

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Is it no longer possible to attach files in PMs? I've got some older messages that had pictures attached, but the "Attach files" button isn't there, at least on my phone.

Another way to do it?
I haven't ever been able to attach pictures in PM's. So, I started asking whoever I was PMing for their email address. I would rather insert pics in PM'S. ......... Jerry (in Tucson)

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc

Another way to do it?

Pictures in conversations is reserved for staff, Kevin set it up that way to avoid back room deals that didn't follow the rules that they start and end in an open forum post. If you need to swap photos and can't post in the forum, ask the other person for an email address via private message and do it that way.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Thanks Marc, it was a mod that sent me some pics several years ago, so makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Ah, that works. Thanks. Just didn't connect "leave conversation" with "delete".
Yikes- that would be slow- I have 145 pages of the suckers x 20= 2900- I will leave as is. besides it is a good reference to go back to... yep- I am going to stick with that

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Yikes- that would be slow- I have 145 pages of the suckers x 20= 2900- I will leave as is. besides it is a good reference to go back to... yep- I am going to stick with that
145 pages!!??? Holy crap. I've only got 22....