**ENDED** Persimmon and 1/4" walnut

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #21
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike and Roy- your packages are in the mail..............
 
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike1950 said:
Mike and Roy- your packages are in the mail..............

Mike
Got the wood today nice stuff cant wait give it a turn ...Thanks
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #23
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

That is Great- I hope to see the finished product!!!:yipee::yipee:
 
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike1950 said:
Dean I almost have nothing Green. let me drag out wood tomorow and get picture of both sides. I will post new pics tomorrow. m
Zdry is fine just trying to save you work.I would like 2 pieces 14-18 in square thick as possible. let me know the fee and I will send it.
Dean
 
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike, I've lost track of who is in line for what on this thread, and certainly don't want to step on any toes. That said, if you have any PM sized persimmon left to sell after you service all the previous requests, let me know pls. I'm thinking possibly a game box full of 12/4, but would consider smaller box or mixed with some of that walnut thin stock.
thanks, Mike
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #26
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike, Everyone is pretty much taken care of-I will get you some pictures today, Mike
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #27
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike, I went out and looked at pile. I have a very nice 3" rough cut piece. 8' long so there is plenty. Pictures now will show nothing. Do you want me to run 24" piece through the planer? Or do you want me to stuff a game box- extra space filled with walnut thins.(no bother either way for me) $45.00 Incl. shipping. let me know. Also did you turn cherry yet?
 
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike1950 said:
Mike, I went out and looked at pile. I have a very nice 3" rough cut piece. 8' long so there is plenty. Pictures now will show nothing. Do you want me to run 24" piece through the planer? Or do you want me to stuff a game box- extra space filled with walnut thins.(no bother either way for me) $45.00 Incl. shipping. let me know. Also did you turn cherry yet?


I've not turned the cherry yet, still debating with myself as to whether to turn it with natural edge or not (wish I had that dilema more often).

The game box with extra space filled with walnut thins sounds great. Papal on it's way. thanks Mike
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #29
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike I will cut and mail today. Also I have another cherry blank that is almost the same as that one- if interested. Thanks, M
 
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike1950 said:
Mike I will cut and mail today. Also I have another cherry blank that is almost the same as that one- if interested. Thanks, M

I'd love to take you up on the other cherry blank, but funds are just a little tight right now. Will keep it in mind if I get an unexpected winfall in the near future.
 
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

If you have some more of that 'simmon w/ the black running through it I would be interested in a MFRB.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #32
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Here is what I have- the black runs through the center of the tree- this is also where it cracks. these are 2" thick to give you an idea of size.

[attachment=6268]

[attachment=6269]

Plum 001s.webp

Plum 002s.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #33
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Keepin with the rules- sold the black piece of persimmon in post 9 to justturnin for $50 inc shipping. It is 17 x13x 2 5/8. I will trim it -stuff it and whateverelse fits in a LFR game box. Enjoy and thanks.
 
RE: Persimmon and 1/4" walmut

Mike1950 said:
Keepin with the rules- sold the black piece of persimmon in post 9 to justturnin for $50 inc shipping. It is 17 x13x 2 5/8. I will trim it -stuff it and whateverelse fits in a LFR game box. Enjoy and thanks.

Was coming to make the same post. Thanks again Mike. I cant wait to ruin....I mean turn some of this:i_dunno:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #35
Chris, I have not had a chance to make anything out of it. But when I cut it the smoothness of the cut is amazing. Hope you like-seems like everyone has. :yipee::yipee:
 
Got my game box today....lazy mail lady dropped it at the bottom of the steps and left it...too lazy to carry it up onto the porch. Shux, it didn't weigh much over 40 lbs.
Thanks again Mike
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #37
Thanks for letting me know Mike. The mail people do not like the persimmon-it is dense and heavy. Enjoy turning it, Mike
 
Mike1950 said:
Chris, I have not had a chance to make anything out of it. But when I cut it the smoothness of the cut is amazing. Hope you like-seems like everyone has. :yipee::yipee:


Got my box in today. Very nice, and heavy as all get out.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #39
I thought it should get there today- I am glad you are happy with it. M
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #40
Trading with Dean Jordan some 16"x16" persimmon blanks for some olive and myrtle wood burl. Dean is a great guy to deal with- been a slow trade to get going for multiple reasons. The last obstacle has been getting set up with FedEX account and learning how to get labels at both ends. Luckily -Moose fingers-ME has a very lovely wife that is good at this sort of thing. I think we got it. Anyone that sends packages needs to look into it- much cheaper and easier. I want to give a big thanks to Kevin- he is the one that Inspired us to do it. Thanks My friend..........
 
Back
Top