Hello from Texas

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
I may have stumbled across a log or two ;)
The founder of this site was Kevin and he had some of the best fbe. He said it came from the enchanted forest but didn't tell anyone where that was before he passed. Your stuff has a similar color and flame to his.

Hardup

Reaction score
First name
Travis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The founder of this site was Kevin and he had some of the best fbe. He said it came from the enchanted forest but didn't tell anyone where that was before he passed. Your stuff has a similar color and flame to his.
I took the time this morning to read some of the past posts about and from Mr. Jaynes. Seems like a hell of a guy. And it speaks volumes looking back at some of the kind words that you gentlemen wrote in memory of him. It looks like I am in the same general location that he was in but I never had the pleasure of knowing him. As for an enchanted forest, who knows. I do have access to a few logs but I doubt the quantity and quality that he did. My son and I are out felling logs today. Here is my son sitting on top of this 30 incher we dropped this morning. Seems to have good color as well as some curl and Burl.

4E4CE76E-3B22-4B17-8DCA-5196200C42E4.jpeg

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
If you got eaten alive by chiggers you are close. Great looking wood and it's appreciated that you took time to find out about Kevin.

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
Welcome from Wisconsin. Absolutely stunning knife work, and gorgeous wood! Can't wait to see some of that
FBE on wood for sale.
Randy

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Travis, welcome to the club.
While it's not in the rules per say, it's customary to send the admin here a nice large flat rate box full of prime fbe.
:deal:

Hardup

Reaction score
First name
Travis
Howdy Travis, welcome to the club.
While it's not in the rules per se, it's customary to send the admin here a nice large flat rate box full of prime fbe.
:deal:
I like a group that likes to joke. I just may fit in here.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I took the time this morning to read some of the past posts about and from Mr. Jaynes. Seems like a hell of a guy. And it speaks volumes looking back at some of the kind words that you gentlemen wrote in memory of him. It looks like I am in the same general location that he was in but I never had the pleasure of knowing him. As for an enchanted forest, who knows. I do have access to a few logs but I doubt the quantity and quality that he did. My son and I are out felling logs today. Here is my son sitting on top of this 30 incher we dropped this morning. Seems to have good color as well as some curl and Burl.

View attachment 248460

What kind of soil you have around that stump? Rocky? If not, I'd trench the stump and cut it below grade. You can land a lot of curl and Angel step in the stump flare. I can just imagine the knife handle, pen, wine stopper and egg blanks ready to be freed from that there stump.

Oh ya, Welcome to the mess...

Hardup

Reaction score
First name
Travis
What kind of soil you have around that stump? Rocky? If not, I'd trench the stump and cut it below grade. You can land a lot of curl and Angel step in the stump flare. I can just imagine the knife handle, pen, wine stopper and egg blanks ready to be freed from that there stump.

Oh ya, Welcome to the mess...
It’s not rocky. Already eyeing some root flares.

62217B49-D431-48A3-BD1E-0BFD72FAFE1A.jpeg

77F2CFA5-5157-443A-92A7-052CD5F3EE7C.jpeg