How's your day been?

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
You know... lol. We made extra keys for the first lock so that there would be one in every vehicle. I just put them on a separate key chain so I wouldn't have to turn off the engine in the winter months. Guess which key ring they are on now! LOL. You sir. Are a genius! Me? Not so much. LOL!

Uhmmmm no... I'm just having to deal old people on a daily basis, which is necessitating I find ways to make my life easier.

Printer at the office quit, they were all suggesting just going on line and ordering one at the office. I told them all, "Y'all just let me go to town and pick it up, please." Did you know that Epson has printers that have seen virtually no changes in the controls and functions thereof in the last 10 years. I mean all the nifty features, pretty cases, and the do everything functions and do-dads offered by everyone who makes printers were all irrelevant in my selection.

My selection was based on... "Does the paper load the same way, do the ink cartridges load the same way, do the buttons do the same thing, does it spit copies out the front in the same manner, as the last printer? SO I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS S.O.B. TO AN 80 YEAR OLD MAN THAT CAN'T HEAR, AND WON'T LISTEN, ON A DAILY BASIS!!"

$185 - I found exactly the printer I was looking for, with spare set of ink cartridges, and extended service agreement. Set it all up Saturday after meeting up with Wayne, installed it to both computers in the office, test printed pages from both, it was working flawlessly.

Monday morning I am not even 2 steps in the door, and he says... "This damn thing don't work in Quickbooks. I tried printing checks, and it won't do anything."

Opened Quickbooks up, clicked on "Print" selected Epson XP-440 from the printer menu, rather than the previous Epson FX-510, and it worked perfectly!

Yes, I did uninstall the old printer, for the computer nerds amongst you. I assume Quickbooks had cached it in the printer list, or it's still in the Drivers/Registry/something. Don't know!

Had a melt down looking for leftovers in the fridge earlier this week, while the wife and mother-in-law were in TN. Decided to clean the fridge out...

12 open bottles of Ginger Ale, Pepsi, Juice, assorted flavors of Gatorade scattered randomly there throughout, 3 open partially to mostly used packs of bacon, 3 bottles of bar-b-que sauce open, 4 bottles of ketchup, couple bowls of leftovers and other goodies shoved in the back with hair longer than mine. Bottle of egg nog that was well into turning into a solid, bottle of Sherry with one glass in it, bottle of chocolate wine with glass and a half in it, 6 different types of bottled alcoholic beverages - 1 of each. It all went away!!

Told the wife when she got home, to take every damn thing out of the freezer, lay it all on the counter, then 1.) try to determine what it is, 2.) try to determine what of it is still edible, 3.) determine whether there is enough of it to warrant the gallon zip lock bag it's in being in the freezer, 4.) figure out which of the 87 freeze packs inhabiting the freezer door were necessary, and find a home outside the freezer for the rest of them.

She went in meltdown mode on the freezer inside, beer fridge in the shed, deep freeze! Told me that 5 - 6 bags of goodies had netted the two servings of corn, and 2 1/2 servings of English Peas we had for supper last night. At which point one truly has to wonder, why when you are pouring peas or corn in the pot, why do you stop, leaving a quarter or half cup of either in the bag and put it back in the freezer? There is 4 of us in the house, what are you going to do with that? Why not just go ahead and dump it in the pot and be done with it?

:unknown::unknown::unknown::unknown::unknown::unknown:

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
Uhmmmm no... I'm just having to deal with old people on a daily basis, which is necessitating I find ways to make my life easier.

Printer at the office quit, they were all suggesting just going on line and ordering one at the office. I told them all, "Y'all just let me go to town and pick it up, please." Did you know that Epson has printers that have seen virtually no changes in the controls and functions thereof in the last 10 years. I mean all the nifty features, pretty cases, and the do everything functions and do-dads offered by everyone who makes printers were all irrelevant in my selection.

My selection was based on... "Does the paper load the same way, do the ink cartridges load the same way, do the buttons do the same thing, does it spit copies out the front in the same manner, as the last printer? SO I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS S.O.B. TO AN 80 YEAR OLD MAN THAT CAN'T HEAR, AND WON'T LISTEN, ON A DAILY BASIS!!"

$185 - I found exactly the printer I was looking for, with spare set of ink cartridges, and extended service agreement. Set it all up Saturday after meeting up with Wayne, installed it to both computers in the office, test printed pages from both, it was working flawlessly.

Monday morning I am not even 2 steps in the door, and he says... "This damn thing don't work in Quickbooks. I tried printing checks, and it won't do anything."

Opened Quickbooks up, clicked on "Print" selected Epson XP-440 from the printer menu, rather than the previous Epson FX-510, and it worked perfectly!

Yes, I did uninstall the old printer, for the computer nerds amongst you. I assume Quickbooks had cached it in the printer list, or it's still in the Drivers/Registry/something. Don't know!

Had a melt down looking for leftovers in the fridge earlier this week, while the wife and mother-in-law were in TN. Decided to clean the fridge out...

12 open bottles of Ginger Ale, Pepsi, Juice, assorted flavors of Gatorade scattered randomly there throughout, 3 open partially to mostly used packs of bacon, 3 bottles of bar-b-que sauce open, 4 bottles of ketchup, couple bowls of leftovers and other goodies shoved in the back with hair longer than mine. Bottle of egg nog that was well into turning into a solid, bottle of Sherry with one glass in it, bottle of chocolate wine with glass and a half in it, 6 different types of bottled alcoholic beverages - 1 of each. It all went away!!

Told the wife when she got home, to take every damn thing out of the freezer, lay it all on the counter, then 1.) try to determine what it is, 2.) try to determine what of it is still edible, 3.) determine whether there is enough of it to warrant the gallon zip lock bag it's in being in the freezer, 4.) figure out which of the 87 freeze packs inhabiting the freezer door were necessary, and find a home outside the freezer for the rest of them.

She went in meltdown mode on the freezer inside, beer fridge in the shed, deep freeze! Told me that 5 - 6 bags of goodies had netted the two servings of corn, and 2 1/2 servings of English Peas we had for supper last night. At which point one truly has to wonder, why when you are pouring peas or corn in the pot, do you stop, leaving a quarter or half cup of either in the bag and put it back in the freezer? There is 4 of us in the house, what are you going to do with that? Why not just go ahead and dump it in the pot and be done with it?

You will be old someday.:old:

Clay3063

I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it.
Reaction score
First name
Clay
Uhmmmm no... I'm just having to deal old people on a daily basis, which is necessitating I find ways to make my life easier.

She went in meltdown mode on the freezer inside, beer fridge in the shed, deep freeze! Told me that 5 - 6 bags of goodies had netted the two servings of corn, and 2 1/2 servings of English Peas we had for supper last night. At which point one truly has to wonder, why when you are pouring peas or corn in the pot, why do you stop, leaving a quarter or half cup of either in the bag and put it back in the freezer? There is 4 of us in the house, what are you going to do with that? Why not just go ahead and dump it in the pot and be done with it?

I gotta say. I smiled when I read this. And I admire your deep convictions and courage. I had a friend once who complained about the lunch his wife prepared for him one day. The next day he picked up his lunch box to walk out the door to work, it felt heavier than the day before so he figured he must have made an impression upon her. He was right. He did. And when he sat down with the rest of us to eat his lunch, he opened the box to find a brick with a note taped to it, "Fix your own Dang lunch". Except she used the other word. And then proceeded to talk about his family tree and that she believed that maybe his mom and dad were related before they got married. Yeh. It wasn't pretty. but he got his point across. I guess that makes him the WINNER! LOL!!!

:lol2: :rofl: :wacko: :lol:

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
:lol2: Oh it's amusing some days; some days not so much.

-- When the old man changes his mind 4 times inside of 24 hours, about what we're going to do with things at work, then wants to act like you're crazy as hell for having an attitude... it ceases to be amusing.

-- When you're riding with him, and a car runs up behind him as he's trying to turn, with on-coming traffic, and he's trying to process all of this and not get hit from behind, while crowding the center line and contemplating turning in front of oncoming traffic, that is entirely too close to turn in front of, it damned sure isn't amusing! Because you're ass is on the side they're on-coming, if he turns in front of them!

He blamed this on not being able to see before, now after cataract surgery and 20/20 vision is back, he pulled this stunt on me again just the other day. Starts worrying about getting rear ended because the car is closing on him, wants to turn, decides not too, crowds the center line, making little jerky motions on the steering wheel like he's going to go for it, in the process scares hell out of the on-coming driver, so they hit the brakes and slow down, which causes him to think again about turning, because the guy behind him is really closing now because he looks like he's going for it. Talk about an OMGWAGTFD moment! (That's... Oh My God!! We Are Going To F...ing Die!! If you were confused by all the letters.)

:scare3::scare3::scare3::scare3::scare3::scare3:

-- When the mother-in-law puts a pot roast on, (on HIGH) and goes out and works in the flower bed, for several hours. Thinking the beeping sound she's hearing inside the house is the Uninterruptible Power Supply on the TV, and the power has gone off, on a bright sunny day, so she ignores it... It ceases to be amusing!

-- When she wades through the smoke and takes the 900o pot the lump of charcoal that used to be a pot roast is in, off of the stove, and sets it on a wood cutting board on the counter next to the stove, burning a perfect 10" circle, 1/4" deep in a maple cutting board... It ceases to be amusing!!

-- When she tries to salvage supper out of said roast and serves what's left of it up, (and in all seriousness, it took 3 weeks of deep cleaning the house to get the burnt flesh smell out)... It ceases to be amusing!!!!

-- When you're sitting on the toilet on the north end of the house, answering nature's call, and you smell smoke... through the closed bath room door, and the closed bed room door, and 25' down the hall to the kitchen, over what you and nature got going on there. And, the mother-in-law can't smell the smoke sitting at the breakfast table 15 ft. away... It ceases to be amusing!

-- When she really doesn't know why she turned the burner on with the cloth hot pad laying on the burner on the stove, while fixing her bowl of cornflakes... It ceases to be amusing.

So as you can see Curt, I'm hoping to live long enough to be a burden on my children some day too, but with every day being an adventure like it is, I just ain't real sure some days!!

Yet, at the same time I count my blessings...

-- Buddy down the road has his mother-in-law living with him and his wife now. Kids just moved out a year or so ago. Grandpa passed away, grandma was in the onset of Dementia, lived on the other end of the county. Kids moved down there to take care of the farm, grandma moved up here with mom and dad.

-- His mother is suffering from alzheimers, can't remember sh!t some days. Said he sat there one night and she told him the same story about when he was a kid 5 times, back to back! Walks across the room, forgets where she's going. Don't remember her meds, don't remember her husbands meds. But she can remember things that happened at work in 1973 clear as a bell.

-- His dad is in complete renal failure, supposed to be doing dialysis 3 times a week, refuses to go unless he feels bad, so some weeks he goes once a week, some weeks twice, rarely 3 times a week. Not uncommon for him to raise so much hell that they take him off the machine an hour into a 4 hour dialysis session, and let him go home. Rarely get him to lay there the whole 4 hours.

All of which takes it's toll on the body and the mind, in other ways. He's frequently argumentative, verbally abusive, will stand there and argue the sky is pink some days. Will not do a damn thing he is told to do some days. Forgets to remind the wife to take her meds, so she isn't any better to help him out. Then he wants to be a little too amorous with the gals at the store, at the honey house, I assume at the restaurant up in Fargo. Gets a little too touchy feely at times! The last one wanted to have his old ass thrown in jail! He tried to deny it; son told him, "They have a video camera in the store, you are on video old man. I saw you do it! Don't #%()*&^ tell me you didn't do it!!"

That call came in after the doctor had told him earlier that day that his father has a very limited number of days left on the planet. His refusing dialysis, has taken it's toll on his body, and he's now suffering from Cirrhosis of the Liver, and Emphysema, on top of his kidneys not functioning.

Neither of us are certain how things got to this point. We're both glad there is beer on the planet however!! :drinks3:

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Betty and I did a charity motorcycle ride today with a few hundred people I've never met before to benafit wounded veterans and provide them handicap accessible housing. Was a great ride for a great cause.

20180819_091948.jpg 20180819_100803.jpg My Betty and my Beemer, lol.
20180819_092627.jpg Me
20180819_121855.jpg

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I just got done banning over 300 spammers on my gun forum. Sheesh...that's just one day of sign ups....

Screenshot_2018-08-20-12-00-48.png

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Our oldest started kindergarten today. He's growing up way too quickly!

Just got the Woodcraft flyer in the mail today and took a look at the upcoming classes. There was one being offered that interests me and I mentioned it to my wife. Was told to sign up for it, so I did! Will be a birthday present for me, since my birthday is a few days after the class.

Here's the class I signed up for. I'm looking forward to is since hand tool use is something that I have very little experience in. He has a longer, once a week for about 3 months class on hand tool woodworking that I would love to take, but there's no way I can make it work to attend a class 2 hours away from home every Thursday evening for 3 months.

TB.jpg

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
:lol2: Oh it's amusing some days; some days not so much.

-- When the old man changes his mind 4 times inside of 24 hours, about what we're going to do with things at work, then wants to act like you're crazy as hell for having an attitude... it ceases to be amusing.

-- When you're riding with him, and a car runs up behind him as he's trying to turn, with on-coming traffic, and he's trying to process all of this and not get hit from behind, while crowding the center line and contemplating turning in front of oncoming traffic, that is entirely too close to turn in front of, it damned sure isn't amusing! Because you're ass is on the side they're on-coming, if he turns in front of them!

He blamed this on not being able to see before, now after cataract surgery and 20/20 vision is back, he pulled this stunt on me again just the other day. Starts worrying about getting rear ended because the car is closing on him, wants to turn, decides not too, crowds the center line, making little jerky motions on the steering wheel like he's going to go for it, in the process scares hell out of the on-coming driver, so they hit the brakes and slow down, which causes him to think again about turning, because the guy behind him is really closing now because he looks like he's going for it. Talk about an OMGWAGTFD moment! (That's... Oh My God!! We Are Going To F...ing Die!! If you were confused by all the letters.)

:scare3::scare3::scare3::scare3::scare3::scare3:

-- When the mother-in-law puts a pot roast on, (on HIGH) and goes out and works in the flower bed, for several hours. Thinking the beeping sound she's hearing inside the house is the Uninterruptible Power Supply on the TV, and the power has gone off, on a bright sunny day, so she ignores it... It ceases to be amusing!

-- When she wades through the smoke and takes the 900o pot the lump of charcoal that used to be a pot roast is in, off of the stove, and sets it on a wood cutting board on the counter next to the stove, burning a perfect 10" circle, 1/4" deep in a maple cutting board... It ceases to be amusing!!

-- When she tries to salvage supper out of said roast and serves what's left of it up, (and in all seriousness, it took 3 weeks of deep cleaning the house to get the burnt flesh smell out)... It ceases to be amusing!!!!

-- When you're sitting on the toilet on the north end of the house, answering nature's call, and you smell smoke... through the closed bath room door, and the closed bed room door, and 25' down the hall to the kitchen, over what you and nature got going on there. And, the mother-in-law can't smell the smoke sitting at the breakfast table 15 ft. away... It ceases to be amusing!

-- When she really doesn't know why she turned the burner on with the cloth hot pad laying on the burner on the stove, while fixing her bowl of cornflakes... It ceases to be amusing.

So as you can see Curt, I'm hoping to live long enough to be a burden on my children some day too, but with every day being an adventure like it is, I just ain't real sure some days!!

Yet, at the same time I count my blessings...

-- Buddy down the road has his mother-in-law living with him and his wife now. Kids just moved out a year or so ago. Grandpa passed away, grandma was in the onset of Dementia, lived on the other end of the county. Kids moved down there to take care of the farm, grandma moved up here with mom and dad.

-- His mother is suffering from alzheimers, can't remember sh!t some days. Said he sat there one night and she told him the same story about when he was a kid 5 times, back to back! Walks across the room, forgets where she's going. Don't remember her meds, don't remember her husbands meds. But she can remember things that happened at work in 1973 clear as a bell.

-- His dad is in complete renal failure, supposed to be doing dialysis 3 times a week, refuses to go unless he feels bad, so some weeks he goes once a week, some weeks twice, rarely 3 times a week. Not uncommon for him to raise so much hell that they take him off the machine an hour into a 4 hour dialysis session, and let him go home. Rarely get him to lay there the whole 4 hours.

All of which takes it's toll on the body and the mind, in other ways. He's frequently argumentative, verbally abusive, will stand there and argue the sky is pink some days. Will not do a damn thing he is told to do some days. Forgets to remind the wife to take her meds, so she isn't any better to help him out. Then he wants to be a little too amorous with the gals at the store, at the honey house, I assume at the restaurant up in Fargo. Gets a little too touchy feely at times! The last one wanted to have his old ass thrown in jail! He tried to deny it; son told him, "They have a video camera in the store, you are on video old man. I saw you do it! Don't #%()*&^ tell me you didn't do it!!"

That call came in after the doctor had told him earlier that day that his father has a very limited number of days left on the planet. His refusing dialysis, has taken it's toll on his body, and he's now suffering from Cirrhosis of the Liver, and Emphysema, on top of his kidneys not functioning.

Neither of us are certain how things got to this point. We're both glad there is beer on the planet however!! :drinks3:

I have to be honest, I was laughing my butt of by the end of that even though those are serious things to deal with.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I have to be honest, I was laughing my butt of by the end of that even though those are serious things to deal with.

It is a serious thing that I am getting to the point of having to deal with soon too, but I consider myself lucky that I still have my father around to be a pain in my a**.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Our oldest started kindergarten today. He's growing up way too quickly!

Just got the Woodcraft flyer in the mail today and took a look at the upcoming classes. There was one being offered that interests me and I mentioned it to my wife. Was told to sign up for it, so I did! Will be a birthday present for me, since my birthday is a few days after the class.

Here's the class I signed up for. I'm looking forward to is since hand tool use is something that I have very little experience in. He has a longer, once a week for about 3 months class on hand tool woodworking that I would love to take, but there's no way I can make it work to attend a class 2 hours away from home every Thursday evening for 3 months.

View attachment 151960

Local Art Gallery has a class on carving couple times a year. Had wanted to go badly this spring, but work mandated I be there that Saturday instead.