How's your weather treating you?

We are on the back side of that big dip that covered the middle of the country and winds have been nuts. And warm temps…..no snow forecast for the next week or more.
 
Temp is 32. 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow overnight. Temps diving into the single digits with high winds in the forecast.
Welcome to February! Oh yah, still December what gives?
 
flooding and hurricane force winds to west-east- north and south and for a month we have been in the eye of it- we have frosted but barely - until last week Kathie still had a couple Begonias hanging on- had a half inch of snow-gone in an hour.
 
Yesterday at about 4:30pm, I didn't like the way the clouds were building up, so checked my weather on the computer. "No rain expected in the next 10 days" it stated. Still didn't like what I could see in reality, so moved everything inside that had to do with this job I'm working on. I decided to leave my table saw uncovered because we weren't going to get rain for the next 10 days.
I woke up this morning and this is what my saw looked like. It's partially covered by my patio roof is why only half is wet. IMG_6720.jpeg

here is the saw. That'll be a nice red when things dry out. I did cover with some stickers holding up a piece of plywood over the saw top and covered it up with the tarps I have for covering it. .
IMG_6721.jpeg


Today's temp is 68. ............. Nubs
 
Yesterday at about 4:30pm, I didn't like the way the clouds were building up, so checked my weather on the computer. "No rain expected in the next 10 days" it stated. Still didn't like what I could see in reality, so moved everything inside that had to do with this job I'm working on. I decided to leave my table saw uncovered because we weren't going to get rain for the next 10 days.
I woke up this morning and this is what my saw looked like. It's partially covered by my patio roof is why only half is wet. View attachment 282355

here is the saw. That'll be a nice red when things dry out. I did cover with some stickers holding up a piece of plywood over the saw top and covered it up with the tarps I have for covering it. .
View attachment 282356


Today's temp is 68. ............. Nubs
NEVER trust the weathermen!
 
I was sweating while working outside yesterday in short sleeves. Very odd and discomforting for this time of year.
The power wasn't off more than a couple of hours and the rain has stopped. Pretty dreary day but the shop is warm and bright, radio playing. I'm using up some used AC plywood to make a couple of cabinets for the garage.
 
70° and sunny here today... high of 45 tomorrow. Typical winter swings for SE NC.
 
Winter (temps) have hit us hard again. Staying below 20° for the day and the wind has been blowing out of the NW at around 40 mph since yesterday afternoon. Good news is no precipitation.
 
Currently 33 with rain and ice. Supposed to get up to 45 mph wind gust tonight and temps in the single digits! Going to be fun for the next couple days. Thankfully we have no where to go.
 
Started the workday at 0630 and it was rainy and 55. Rain moved out and wind started howling. Getting ready to mark off now and its windy and 31
 
We got snow……3/4 of an inch, frigid, and windy. But back to the unseasonably warm starting tomorrow. Very strange.
 
Back
Top