How's your weather treating you?

School for my kids has already been canceled for tomorrow on account of the cold. Tomorrow is also normally one of my wife's days off (she works 4 days) and my one full day off. So, we're not planning to go anywhere - or even step outside the house, unless something comes up that forces us to.
 
Working tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. Started out calling for up to 2' of snow. Kept changing. Now for 6" of snow then sleet and ice. Was hoping for the 2' and no ice
 
I've been in Virginia & NC all week. Left early to stay ahead of Snowmegeddan. :cool: Don't want to get stuck over the weekend away from home!

Winter is coming to Dallas this weekend! We don't get this cold all that often & with precipitation it could get ugly on the roads. It's time for games, chili, & the great indoors!

Screenshot_20260122_191812_FOX 4 WAPP.webp
 
A balmy 14 degrees now going down to -12 overnight. Windy so will “feel like” -30 in the mornin’.

Yep - brought out my heavy Carrhart jacket a couple days ago. Will probably throw on a pair of long-johns before heading over to McD’s for a cup of coffee with my buddies in the morning.

I had a career as a water utility guy for many years. Fixed a fair number of main breaks over those years in some pretty severe weather.

Nothing so satisfying as working an all-nighter and sitting in the front seat of a pickup truck (to warm up a bit) with the heater blasting and a hot cup of coffee.
 
A balmy 14 degrees now going down to -12 overnight. Windy so will “feel like” -30 in the mornin’.

Yep - brought out my heavy Carrhart jacket a couple days ago. Will probably throw on a pair of long-johns before heading over to McD’s for a cup of coffee with my buddies in the morning.

I had a career as a water utility guy for many years. Fixed a fair number of main breaks over those years in some pretty severe weather.

Nothing so satisfying as working an all-nighter and sitting in the front seat of a pickup truck (to warm up a bit) with the heater blasting and a hot cup of coffee.
Been there done that. And didn't call it satisfying. Called it something else and quit taking those kind of jobs. Have broken the ice to pump the ditch to do the repair. Not any fun at all. Especially when it's small commercial pipe and your pump is the little hand , push/pull pump. Throw in a night sky and a helper that vocally prefers being at home in bed and you got a winner.
But yeah, after it's backfilled and your sitting in the truck watching the sun come up, knowing you are about to get a good 3 hour nap, that's ok stuff right there.
 
School for my kids has already been canceled for tomorrow on account of the cold. Tomorrow is also normally one of my wife's days off (she works 4 days) and my one full day off. So, we're not planning to go anywhere - or even step outside the house, unless something comes up that forces us to.
Break out the board games and make the kids play.
 
Proof that the Iceapocalypse and Snowmageddon is gonna hit the Muffy and Buffy capital of Middle Tennessee (Brentwood) The big local Kroger store yesterday afternoon. I only went in for some AA batteries and cat treats. I think I live in the wrong place!

Meat Dept.
1769174745931.webp

Produce
1769174795784.webp
 
Proof that the Iceapocalypse and Snowmageddon is gonna hit the Muffy and Buffy capital of Middle Tennessee (Brentwood) The big local Kroger store yesterday afternoon. I only went in for some AA batteries and cat treats. I think I live in the wrong place!

Meat Dept.
View attachment 283765

Produce
View attachment 283766
Wow! Everything was cleaned out!
 
It's hard to prepare for the upcoming storm. Predictions of snow and sleet from 25% chance to 300" and temperatures from 65* to -100*
 
Proof that the Iceapocalypse and Snowmageddon is gonna hit the Muffy and Buffy capital of Middle Tennessee (Brentwood) The big local Kroger store yesterday afternoon. I only went in for some AA batteries and cat treats. I think I live in the wrong place!

Meat Dept.
View attachment 283765

Produce
View attachment 283766
Did you get the batteries????????? ............ Nubs
 
Woke up this morning at 6 AM, and looked outside. Everything looked good, but when I went outside to feed the feral cats, my porch was wet. I think we got the rain predicted. ............ Nubs
 
1130 mtn time and we still have sun. But wife, on the way to work, hit snow and ice in our canyon west of Colorado Springs. Was wondering if it was just going to back up against the foothills and stall. That storm that went through @Nubsnstubs is tracking further south. Curious if we are going to miss it except for cold. And it is cold.
 
We went to our local HEB yesterday expecting empty shelves. Nothing of the sort. It was definitely crowded but there was plenty of everything.
 
We went to our local HEB yesterday expecting empty shelves. Nothing of the sort. It was definitely crowded but there was plenty of everything.
Same here! I went to my local HEB for a pharmacy prescription, and there were a lot of people shopping for groceries with baskets, but not the appearance of shortage on the shelves like has been reported by others. Chuck
 
Back
Top