That is dangerous for you texans. Got salt handy to melt the ice on the front steps?Pleasant 75 this afternoon, but Winter is coming this weekend! Expecting 3 days of temps hitting down into the 20s at night. Chuck
Not planning to leave the house, although I would have to, in order to reach my workshop. I do have salt bags for my water softening system I could use. ChuckThat is dangerous for you texans. Got salt handy to melt the ice on the front steps?
Don't want to get stuck over the weekend away from home!
Been there done that. And didn't call it satisfying. Called it something else and quit taking those kind of jobs. Have broken the ice to pump the ditch to do the repair. Not any fun at all. Especially when it's small commercial pipe and your pump is the little hand , push/pull pump. Throw in a night sky and a helper that vocally prefers being at home in bed and you got a winner.A balmy 14 degrees now going down to -12 overnight. Windy so will “feel like” -30 in the mornin’.
Yep - brought out my heavy Carrhart jacket a couple days ago. Will probably throw on a pair of long-johns before heading over to McD’s for a cup of coffee with my buddies in the morning.
I had a career as a water utility guy for many years. Fixed a fair number of main breaks over those years in some pretty severe weather.
Nothing so satisfying as working an all-nighter and sitting in the front seat of a pickup truck (to warm up a bit) with the heater blasting and a hot cup of coffee.
Break out the board games and make the kids play.School for my kids has already been canceled for tomorrow on account of the cold. Tomorrow is also normally one of my wife's days off (she works 4 days) and my one full day off. So, we're not planning to go anywhere - or even step outside the house, unless something comes up that forces us to.
Wow! Everything was cleaned out!Proof that the Iceapocalypse and Snowmageddon is gonna hit the Muffy and Buffy capital of Middle Tennessee (Brentwood) The big local Kroger store yesterday afternoon. I only went in for some AA batteries and cat treats. I think I live in the wrong place!
Meat Dept.
View attachment 283765
Produce
View attachment 283766
Did you get the batteries????????? ............ NubsProof that the Iceapocalypse and Snowmageddon is gonna hit the Muffy and Buffy capital of Middle Tennessee (Brentwood) The big local Kroger store yesterday afternoon. I only went in for some AA batteries and cat treats. I think I live in the wrong place!
Meat Dept.
View attachment 283765
Produce
View attachment 283766
And they were on sale. Now gotta get out something to take care of that annoying pink bunny!Did you get the batteries????????? ............ Nubs
Same here! I went to my local HEB for a pharmacy prescription, and there were a lot of people shopping for groceries with baskets, but not the appearance of shortage on the shelves like has been reported by others. ChuckWe went to our local HEB yesterday expecting empty shelves. Nothing of the sort. It was definitely crowded but there was plenty of everything.