Looks like I've got a winner here. The name is Novaculite. I have about 100 pounds of it as it's a really nice rock for flintknapping after cooking some upwards of 900 degrees. Most will work at heat treating of 600 degrees unlike some flints that work at no more than 500 degrees.Maybe it is traditionally used to sharpen chisels, so I will guess Arkansas stone
That's a good word salad there, Doug. Are you seeking office come November?Hey, this ties in nicely with Ripjack's question of the week. Novaculite is supposed to help break through energy blockages and mental clutter; improve clarity of decision making and help cut the cord of confusion.
I would not have guessed novaculite. The ones I know are smoother. Also, making pencil holders from it seems like a waste.Looks like I've got a winner here. The name is Novaculite. I have about 100 pounds of it as it's a really nice rock for flintknapping after cooking some upwards of 900 degrees. Most will work at heat treating of 600 degrees unlike some flints that work at no more than 500 degrees.
Now, does anyone want to guess why the holes are there?
Nothing for the correct guess as @Maverick got this if he PM's me his address. I'll send it in a 12x12x12" box with a bunch of peenuts. Cost will be just about 20 bucks. ............ Nubs
Danny ole boy, the holes weren't drilled for a pencil holder. I indicated the holes were CORED. Do you know what that means?I would not have guessed novaculite. The ones I know are smoother. Also, making pencil holders from it seems like a waste.
............NubsAah. Finger stones?Danny ole boy, the holes weren't drilled for a pencil holder. I indicated the holes were CORED. Do you know what that means?............Nubs
clearly it's not working for nubsHey, this ties in nicely with Ripjack's question of the week. Novaculite is supposed to help break through energy blockages and mental clutter; improve clarity of decision making and help cut the cord of confusion.