• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. This section is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! All others will be deleted. This section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

My Model build to start 2021

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Slacker. It's only got one speed. I would have expected a man with your high standards and skill would have made it with at least 5 or 6 gears and a working clutch with a cork lined pressure plate.

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Slacker. It's only got one speed. I would have expected a man with your high standards and skill would have made it with at least 5 or 6 gears and a working clutch with a cork lined pressure plate.
Unfortunately, I tried that but because the design was an open ended vented clutch, if there was too much sawdust in the shop, as soon as I depressed the pedal, the plates would separate and jam up with sawdust. I got tired of being stuck in 4th gear so I removed it and went with a more simple system. Sometimes, you just gotta pick your battles. :good2:

Don Ratcliff

Tinkering on something
Reaction score
First name
Don
Unfortunately, I tried that but because the design was an open ended vented clutch, if there was too much sawdust in the shop, as soon as I depressed the pedal, the plates would separate and jam up with sawdust. I got tired of being stuck in 4th gear so I removed it and went with a more simple system. Sometimes, you just gotta pick your battles. :good2:
Like you let any sawdust build up in your shop, tell me another one... :lol2:

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Well, I guess that's understandable. You are planning on installing a world class sound system tho, right?