What music are you listening to NOW?

Doesn't get much better. Long time no listen to I forgot how much I love this.

 
I heard on the radio today that they had the R&R hall of fame dealio last night and that Cat Stevens was inducted. It made me think of all the fantastic songs he has given us. This is one of my favorites by him. He has so many great ones . . .

 
Who gets the significance of this tune, today?

You've discovered you're gay? It's okay - monkeys have these kinds of crises too . . . . .
 
It's okay man. We still love you. Well, you know what I mean . . . . :empathy2:
 
True, I guess it is a . . . . . . . well not sure what it is but it doubles your chance of getting laid I guess.




:sofa:
 
But that was too obvious. Except no one listened to the song and didn't remember . . . . .
 
I agree with John, I never got any indication of gay from the song.
Seems most assumed what was thrown over was an very premature or aborted baby named, or would have been named Billie Joe.
Note in the lyrics Billy Joe is male (at least in the South) Billy, Bobby, Eddy, Robby are male. Billie, Bobbie, Eddie, Robbie are female. The person in the lyrics is Billy but in the Ode to its Billie.

What did the rev. see them throw over? If close enough to recognize their faces he should have recognized flowers. And "they" were throwing something over and if wrapped it would not be possible to tell what it was.

She is now throwing flowers into the river....much like taking flowers to a grave? I would assume Billy Joe's body was found and buried elsewhere so there would be no need to take flowers to the bridge for him. It would be the only known grave for Billie.
 
Mastodon!!! Now you cruizin along my kind of tunage....
 
Back
Top