What music are you listening to NOW?

I've never thought of you as a Freddie Fender kinda guy.

My mom liked him. She would listen to him over and over all day...I listen to the same song over and over. Sometimes all week....that's where I got that from.
 
Yep....I started looking for his song.....so then I started listening to it....and then his other stuff....
 
Wait...no...I mean...yeah...coinkydink...yeah...that's it...
:sarcastic:
 

Got tickets to see Steven Wilson when he comes to the west coast (Solana beach) in a couple months. SO STOKED!
 
Last edited:

Got tickets to see Steven Wilson when he comes to the west coast (Solana beach) in a couple months. SO STOKED!

Sort of a cross between Tangerine Dream, Enya, Shadowfax, and Enigma. I dig it.
 
That's an interesting comparison Kev, but I have to say I don't see it lol That's based on my quick Youtube sampling of TD and Shadowfax.
However, that album has songs that are closer to those groups in terms of tone and general vibe.

Steven Wilson is the front man for the Progressive Rock group Porcupine Tree, but they've been on hiatus for years as he does his solo thing which is much more mellow, although it has great progressive rock arrangements throughout the album. Track 9 is a synth instrumental that really harkens back to early prog days.
 

Home Free Vocal Band w/Avi Kaplan (from Pentatonix)

I do like a capella music and both these groups have some amazing vocalizations.
 
Yep it doesn't get any better than rush. The only band I've ever seen five times and would see ten more if I could
oh man, I saw them for my first big rock concert back when they did their 30th anniversary tour. Holy crap! They were awesome. It's so amazing that a group comprised of just 3 dudes can sound like that. They led me to Dream Theater, which is another of my favorites.
 
oh man, I saw them for my first big rock concert back when they did their 30th anniversary tour. Holy crap! They were awesome. It's so amazing that a group comprised of just 3 dudes can sound like that. They led me to Dream Theater, which is another of my favorites.
I believe it was in 76 when I seen them the first time. It was there 2112 tour. The tightness of the three of them just blew me away. I get in some heated debates about them being the best three piece band. Most folks from Texas seem to think zz top is the best lol. Now I do love me some zz but it's just a different style
 
I believe it was in 76 when I seen them the first time. It was there 2112 tour. The tightness of the three of them just blew me away. I get in some heated debates about them being the best three piece band. Most folks from Texas seem to think zz top is the best lol. Now I do love me some zz but it's just a different style

76?! Dang. That was back in the day. I was - 5 then. (81)
 
Back
Top