How's your day been?

Why? What is it you are wanting to know? I just lifted the Pic off the net.
Because you could possibly take a long rod and shape the end that goes into the hole that the lock goes into. After that end is duplicated, bend the excess of the rod into a jack handle that will allow you to wench it down. That might work, but it's your project and you can reject any suggestions you like. ............. Nubs
 
Because you could possibly take a long rod and shape the end that goes into the hole that the lock goes into. After that end is duplicated, bend the excess of the rod into a jack handle that will allow you to wench it down. That might work, but it's your project and you can reject any suggestions you like. ............. Nubs
Once the Lock is removed the jack handle will work in it normally. But I still have to get the lock of first.
 
Once the Lock is removed the jack handle will work in it normally. But I still have to get the lock of first.

Last one of those I had to deal with, we put a bolt head extractor socket on a long extension and rattled it out with an impact. Not sure if the tube is large enough to go down that way? I also had to remove all the security lugs on the wheels too as the detailer that prepped the vehicle cleaned out every darn thing in the glove box.
 
I'm getting back into the swing of being on blood thinners today since they found a DVT in my leg....
 
Seems too tame when not doing it from the office!
I had the opposite experience - tried doing all those office things at home and all of a sudden there was someone wanting to know why I wasn't doing something productive with my time!
 
Well I still dont have my parts back from the paint guy, he got sick. A bummer but it is what it is. He assures me I'll have them by the weekend, we'll see.........
But in the meantime I scored a used russel day long seat for the silverwing. These seats are very expensive and it's rare to find a used one, especially for a scooter.
View attachment 290224
Stock seat is in the background.
View attachment 290225
Congrats on that find!!!
 
This dates back to Saturday, but I was running a few errands and can’t resist stopping at our local storage unit garage sales occasionally. Well, there was a table set up and I feel I scored huge!! An older gentleman (no one compare to @Mike1950 ) had dime bags of turquoise chips. I asked how much as I always try to find when I can but all he was doing was gathering all the bags. I asked and visited, told him what I was doing with them, he said what he used them for but wouldn’t give me a price. He finally said, “…….10 bags for $$$$$$$…..” and I jumped! Wow…..what a great day. Good reason to stop every once in a while and spend 10 minutes.

Going to make some pretty inlay in DIW and Mesquite turnings.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0362.webp
    IMG_0362.webp
    102.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0361.webp
    IMG_0361.webp
    192.2 KB · Views: 2
This dates back to Saturday, but I was running a few errands and can’t resist stopping at our local storage unit garage sales occasionally. Well, there was a table set up and I feel I scored huge!! An older gentleman (no one compare to @Mike1950 ) had dime bags of turquoise chips. I asked how much as I always try to find when I can but all he was doing was gathering all the bags. I asked and visited, told him what I was doing with them, he said what he used them for but wouldn’t give me a price. He finally said, “…….10 bags for $$$$$$$…..” and I jumped! Wow…..what a great day. Good reason to stop every once in a while and spend 10 minutes.

Going to make some pretty inlay in DIW and Mesquite turnings.
Aaaaaa GRRRRRRRRR
 
This dates back to Saturday, but I was running a few errands and can’t resist stopping at our local storage unit garage sales occasionally. Well, there was a table set up and I feel I scored huge!! An older gentleman (no one compare to @Mike1950 ) had dime bags of turquoise chips. I asked how much as I always try to find when I can but all he was doing was gathering all the bags. I asked and visited, told him what I was doing with them, he said what he used them for but wouldn’t give me a price. He finally said, “…….10 bags for $$$$$$$…..” and I jumped! Wow…..what a great day. Good reason to stop every once in a while and spend 10 minutes.

Going to make some pretty inlay in DIW and Mesquite turnings.
Congrats! SCORE!!!
 
This dates back to Saturday, but I was running a few errands and can’t resist stopping at our local storage unit garage sales occasionally. Well, there was a table set up and I feel I scored huge!! An older gentleman (no one compare to @Mike1950 ) had dime bags of turquoise chips. I asked how much as I always try to find when I can but all he was doing was gathering all the bags. I asked and visited, told him what I was doing with them, he said what he used them for but wouldn’t give me a price. He finally said, “…….10 bags for $$$$$$$…..” and I jumped! Wow…..what a great day. Good reason to stop every once in a while and spend 10 minutes.

Going to make some pretty inlay in DIW and Mesquite turnings.
In days past, if one was in Cripple Creek, Black Hawk, or Central City when a nice rain squall passed through, you went out right after and searched in the gutters and eroded ditches below the tailings piles. The rain would wash out turquoise nuggets like those.
 
I finally got my parts back from paint.
Before......
20260529_125642.webp
After.
20260701_161330.webp 20260701_161315.webp 20260701_161353.webp
Its really hard to show just how nice this color is in the sun with a cell phone pic.
20260701_161432.webp
A couple pics in the shop under led lights.
20260701_162537.webp 20260701_162550.webp
I'll let em cure a few days and start re assembling the bike next week when it cools down a bit. It's 98 here and stupid hot and I dont do well in the heat.
 
I finally got my parts back from paint.
Before......
View attachment 290471
After.
View attachment 290472View attachment 290473View attachment 290474
Its really hard to show just how nice this color is in the sun with a cell phone pic.
View attachment 290475
A couple pics in the shop under led lights.
View attachment 290476View attachment 290477
I'll let em cure a few days and start re assembling the bike next week when it cools down a bit. It's 98 here and stupid hot and I dont do well in the heat.
Really awesome depth of color!
 
I finally got my parts back from paint.
Before......
View attachment 290471
After.
View attachment 290472View attachment 290473View attachment 290474
Its really hard to show just how nice this color is in the sun with a cell phone pic.
View attachment 290475
A couple pics in the shop under led lights.
View attachment 290476View attachment 290477
I'll let em cure a few days and start re assembling the bike next week when it cools down a bit. It's 98 here and stupid hot and I dont do well in the heat.
Love that color. My first Wing was a 93 Blue. Made a very similar one in 96 but just a smidge brighter or a touch of pearl. Love that basic shade @woodtickgreg
 
Back
Top