- Thread Starter Thread Starter
- #41
It takes a stain in interesting ways - with the softer areas holding lots of color and the hard grain holding very little.Yeah i think that's the big issue is that you can probably buy white ash at just about any hardwood supplier in the US. I'm not even sure if anyone will want to pay to ship them if i cut them. Maybe ill just take them. I'm not the biggest fan of open grain wood, but i can probably find a use.
I didn't want to get into selling boards individually, as it's too much volume. I already went through and paired everything up to be ~$50 value per pack. So the pack is what it is at this point. If you really don't want the maple (you won't use it and/or want to lower shipping costs), i can remove it but the estimated value of the pack would remain the same.It takes a stain in interesting ways - with the softer areas holding lots of color and the hard grain holding very little.
And I'll take the first pair, with the sycamore ( I think it's Pack #10). I've always wanted to make a box with that speckled look. And if it's easier / cheaper to cut that longer sycamore to the length of the maple and stack them that's fine with me. In fact, if you have a use for it, keep the maple and just mail the sycamore.
Put me down for #15. And you may cut the ash in half or thereabouts if it will make it easier to ship.BOARD PACKS #14 & #15
#14 (Board Pack)
Estimated Value: $50
Estimated Weight: 15lbs (wood only)
View attachment 294074
View attachment 294076
#15 (Board Pack)
Estimated Value: $45
Estimated Weight: 14lbs (wood only)
View attachment 294075
View attachment 294077
At this point none of the packs should be incuring any service charges due to size, so it should be good as is.Put me down for #15. And you may cut the ash in half or thereabouts if it will make it easier to ship.