Paul's Bigger Wood

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #41
BOARD PACKS #12 & #13

#12 (Board Pack)
Estimated Value: $41

Estimated Weight: 19lbs (wood only)

1791137479790.webp

20261003_153935.webp

#13 (Board Pack)
Estimated Value: $47

Estimated Weight: 20lbs (wood only)

1791137501914.webp

20261003_154252.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #42
BOARD PACKS #14 & #15

#14 (Board Pack)
Estimated Value: $50

Estimated Weight: 15lbs (wood only)

1791137783122.webp

20261003_154644.webp

#15 (Board Pack)
Estimated Value: $45

Estimated Weight: 14lbs (wood only)

1791137814379.webp

20261003_154938.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #43
OK, folks, I just posted 6 board packs. I will posted the remaining 7 board packs tonight. And that will be it for Paul's wood.

FYI, these are in no special order. There's no special surprises in the later packs. I numbered them completely arbitrarily.
 
Yeah i think that's the big issue is that you can probably buy white ash at just about any hardwood supplier in the US. I'm not even sure if anyone will want to pay to ship them if i cut them. Maybe ill just take them. I'm not the biggest fan of open grain wood, but i can probably find a use.
It takes a stain in interesting ways - with the softer areas holding lots of color and the hard grain holding very little.

And I'll take the first pair, with the sycamore ( I think it's Pack #10). I've always wanted to make a box with that speckled look. And if it's easier / cheaper to cut that longer sycamore to the length of the maple and stack them that's fine with me. In fact, if you have a use for it, keep the maple and just mail the sycamore.
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #45
It takes a stain in interesting ways - with the softer areas holding lots of color and the hard grain holding very little.

And I'll take the first pair, with the sycamore ( I think it's Pack #10). I've always wanted to make a box with that speckled look. And if it's easier / cheaper to cut that longer sycamore to the length of the maple and stack them that's fine with me. In fact, if you have a use for it, keep the maple and just mail the sycamore.
I didn't want to get into selling boards individually, as it's too much volume. I already went through and paired everything up to be ~$50 value per pack. So the pack is what it is at this point. If you really don't want the maple (you won't use it and/or want to lower shipping costs), i can remove it but the estimated value of the pack would remain the same.

Sycamore is a really pretty wood. It's the only softer wood I like, but it is soft. It dents easy. It's better than poplar, but you still wouldn't want to use it in a high wear situation.
 
Back
Top