What music are you listening to NOW?

I'm happily married, but if I wasn't Eithne would have to get a restraining order against me.

 
I had to gain a little age to appreciate Knopfler. As a kid I didn't give him credit but after I discovered Chet Atkins, Les Paul and others my jaw dropped. He makes complex sound simple.
 
I'm a big Bowie fan as some of you know, but like Michael Jackson's "Beat It" where Eddie Van Halen played the lead guitar for that song and many EVH fans didn't know that for years, SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughan) did the same for Bowie a couple of months later that year (1983) contributing the signature guitar riffs throughout the song which IMO made that thing really sing - along with Bowie's golden voice of course. Not many SRV fans even know that to this day. So if you ever thought to yourself "man that guitar really sends me . . . " when you listened to Let's Dance - it was your inner core loving on SRV .


And you should know it was Bowie that asked SRV to do it for him . . . . . .
 
"Take Five" by Dave Brubeck

Post it. I did pages back but do it again - do you know how to post a video? just copy the url in the address bar and paste it in a window. I'll do it for you this time . . .



Joe Morello was one of the pillars of drumming. many non-purists cannot appreciate his solo in T5 because they don't understand that some drummers are musicians not just wood choppers. Joe was a musician and made music with his shells. That one piece was the best selling jazz single of all time and just meant as a filler. I was 20 days old when it was released June 30th 1959. I guess that makes it my special song. :sarcastic:


Joe was a true master of his instrument and had few equals.
 
Kevin...There was a more recent YouTube clip of Joe Morello on the Conan O'Brien show. He performed T5.
 
Yes I know but the comments pissed me off so bad years ago when the video was first posted I cannot stand it. He was showcasing his well-know hi-hat work early on which is rarely seen on video. But when he dropped his stick the you tubers who can't even finger themselves - want to criticize a towering giant in drumming for dropping his stick. No drummer has failed to drop a stick ever. I have done it many times and as a drummer or in Joe's case a master, you keep playing. Anyone who just listens to the audio tracj would never know he even dropped it. He kept playing and better one-handed than I can with two. And his health at that time was very poor.

Joe was better one-handed than most of the drummers you hear on the radio would be with four hands. He really was that damned good.
 
I am always impressed when a drummer drops a stick and never misses a beat. And you are right even the best drop a stick. It is not like when my friend Chris would drink too much and the whole band would be dodging and ducking left and right, that was funny!
 
Anything by Zac Brown, but "Toes" is my favorite, followed by "Chicken Fried".
 
This was the first al;bum I ever bought. I bought it for less than $5 at H.E.B. food store in FLour Bluff Texas sometime around 1972 or 73. I can't believe how well this music has stood the test of time. Give it a listen if you have time.

 
The first album I ever bought was Van Halen's Diver Down. And I still have it.
 

Stage Dolls. Love cries.

Long live hair bands!!!
 
Never heard that before Brink. Kind of Billy Joel-ish. I like it.
 
OMG Kevin.....that is a great song. How come I never heard it before today? I'm going to get that tomorrow!

Which one are you talking about? :unknown:
 
 
Back
Top