What music are you listening to NOW?

Guess we will find out tonight. They say it may be a red moon.

No, the reports that say it is tonight are all wrong. It already happened last night.
 
Les I gave it a listen. Do you want my opinion? Thanks, I thought you would. It is boring. Repetitive. Without musical skills by the musicians themselves and the guy that mixed it sucks at his job. It sounds tinny at best and has terrible vibes. Even the brief interlude in the middle doesn't offer any dynamics of musicianship and that's what an instrumental MUST do! It's musical garbage IMO. I don't mean to poo poo your offering and I should hate myself for doing it, but you offered it with comments about how good it was so I took that a license to counter. It sucks man. If you like it more power to you though.

You offered 5 minutes of boredom. On the other hand, if you want to hear an instrumental worthy of listening to, just VERY talented musicians playing their asses off for nearly 25 minutes . . . .
 
I don't expect everyone to like the samething. I like it. It doesn't have solos or anything and I can see how someone might find it boring. Not offended. I respect you for being honest. I listen to a lot of stuff where a theme is worked around through out the song.

Focus reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. Kinda Santana esque fusion. I certainly don't hate but would have to be in the mood for it.
 
I have been a Les Claypool fan since the first time I heard Primus' Jerry Was a Racecar Driver back in 1990. Always like to listen to his funky bass solos.

 
Les I gave it a listen. Do you want my opinion? Thanks, I thought you would. It is boring. Repetitive. Without musical skills by the musicians themselves and the guy that mixed it sucks at his job. It sounds tinny at best and has terrible vibes. Even the brief interlude in the middle doesn't offer any dynamics of musicianship and that's what an instrumental MUST do! It's musical garbage IMO. I don't mean to poo poo your offering and I should hate myself for doing it, but you offered it with comments about how good it was so I took that a license to counter. It sucks man. If you like it more power to you though.

You offered 5 minutes of boredom. On the other hand, if you want to hear an instrumental worthy of listening to, just VERY talented musicians playing their asses off for nearly 25 minutes . . . .
Kinda strikes me as Frank Zappa meats Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. cool ..........
 
Kinda strikes me as Frank Zappa meats Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. cool ..........

I can't tell you how many times I spun that piece of vinyl. Parts of it are so magnificent and bold it still gives me chills and I have heard it literally thousands of times.

But Focus predates all of those guys at least Thijs Van Leer's musical exploration does.
 
I just watched a great documentary on Kansas...Very good stuff.
 
Back
Top