What's in the mail?

Just got this thin rip jig in the mail. It should help quite a bit with the cutting boards and thin pieces. All those boards I made last year I was pretty much eyeballing the thin strips I had to cut. I purchased this through Peach Tree. It seems to be built pretty solid.

xxThin Jig.webp
 
Just got this thin rip jig in the mail. It should help quite a bit with the cutting boards and thin pieces. All those boards I made last year I was pretty much eyeballing the thin strips I had to cut. I purchased this through Peach Tree. It seems to be built pretty solid.

View attachment 253768
Please give us a review after you use it a few times. I have one cheap jig that I’m really not pleased with. Chuck
 
I decided to get THE definitive steady rest (Robust) for my upcoming vase/vessel/lamp/ whatever projects.
I’ve made a couple steadies on my own, but they do flex and move some. This one is as solid as they come, shouldn’t be any vibration/shake—- all metal, one piece ring.
Price was a little hefty—-swmbo said “Happy Easter”!
This one fits the 25 inch swing on the AB.

IMG_2114.webp
 
I decided to get THE definitive steady rest (Robust) for my upcoming vase/vessel/lamp/ whatever projects.
I’ve made a couple steadies on my own, but they do flex and move some. This one is as solid as they come, shouldn’t be any vibration/shake—- all metal, one piece ring.
Price was a little hefty—-swmbo said “Happy Easter”!
This one fits the 25 inch swing on the AB.

View attachment 254708
Would like to see this when you have it set up with a wood block in place. Chuck
 
I ordered this dadonator dado blade set from infinity back in October. So 7 months later and it's finally here. Every month they would push the backorder forward another month. I'm glad I waited, this is a really nice blade set. It is a bright finish, not just a black oxide finish. I can only hope it works as good as it looks. A serious upgrade from my Freud set, which isn't really bad. The Freud doesn't really leave flat bottoms, mostly from the outer blades.
Excuse the shadows in the pics, sometimes cameras dont like led lights.
a shiney stack.
20240422_170637.webp
A 1/4" chipper! I like the spoked design of the chippers and they are 6 cutters each. Lazer cut plates. Blade thicknesses are all etched on.
20240422_170716.webp
I sprung for their box as I really dont have time to make one.
20240422_170853.webp
After wiping the oil off the blades I put them in the box, nice set.
20240422_171444.webp
It's been so long since I ordered them I can't really remember the cost. I think the blades stack was like $350 and the box was another $30.
After I upgraded my table saw to the laguna 3hp cabinet I wanted a premium dado set, and now I have one.
Now I need to pick a project to test it out. After the workbench is done of course. Oh wait, I have 2 rabbets to make for the workbench yet, I can test it on that.:yipee:
 
won these on the 'Bay.... should be here tomorrow. I'll should be able to make at least 14-18 figure/vignette bases in total. the 3 are at over 6x6x2.

448036478_768144285486285_8372564170946564952_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I got a klingspore sanding mop in the mail today. I'm anxious to try this thing out. I have to chuck it up in the drill press and hold a block of wood against it as it's spinning to break it up and make it frilly. (Yes that's a technical term) :sarcastic:
20240719_174519.webp
 
So great to have inventory in-hand! Have any idea how many you’ve made to date? On an unrelated note, would you show a pic of the picture “Opportunity“ that is in the top right of this photo. Thanks! Chuck
Thought about it and would estimate around 5000.

Life is a series of stepping stones…

IMG_7723.webp
 
Thanjs!

Thanks! That’s an amazing number! Love the message in this picture. Chuck
Forgotten the location now, but one ofmy former organizations had those up and down the hallways. Never knew the source but have to admit I liked all of the series as thoughtful and inspirational .
 
New electric pole saw just delivered via FedEX. Saw is said to be stronger than any other pole saw including the biggest gas powered one from Stihl.

AcmeTool currently has this $800 Milwaukee pole saw at $120 off today only using code: ACMEDAYS

www.acmetools.com

PXL_20241009_211311630.MP.webp
PXL_20241009_211319082.webp
 
Back
Top