A Joke a Day Keeps The Boredom Away . . .

That actually looks like my nephews fridge. In addition to the salami he's been making, he also smokes vast quantities of cheese throughout the year.

Here is a sampling of what he is bringing home for the holidays:

View attachment 282097

And one that just finished: a Saucisson D'Alsace.
View attachment 282098
Mmm. We can get these from monsieur bernard who makes the best cheese in the world. (He has won the award for best cheese in France more than I can remember and since France makes the best cheese he has the best cheese) trust me, when you try some of his Comte your world will turn upside down. He makes good saucisson too. My favourite is his wild boar and venison one. It is so rich in flavour.
 
I started making salami as you just can't find any locally. We have an abundance of inexpensive pork, so it seemed natural to start making my own. Speaking of cheese, I was spoiled when living in Wisconsin, and we just don't have the selection or quality available locally. I'm not getting into cheese making, but I do occasionally use cheese in my dried salami. Two of my favorites are a porcini/Parmesan salami and even better is a Saucisson au Camembert I made this past spring.
 
You might have to question if you ever went to a prom if you did not eat at the Old San Francisco Steakhouse or The Magic Time Machine - well at least if you lived near San Antonio in the 70's.

1766243904834.webp
1766244131646.webp
 
You might have to question if you ever went to a prom if you did not eat at the Old San Francisco Steakhouse or The Magic Time Machine - well at least if you lived near San Antonio in the 70's.

View attachment 282112
View attachment 282113
I've eaten at the Old SF Operahouse in Houston. It was okay, I don't recall my steak as being anything special. The girl on the trapeze was nice tho. Not sure I understand the connection between a trapeze that swings over the bar and an old time opera house but it was something different.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top