A Joke a Day Keeps The Boredom Away . . .

I'm in my mid-70s, which would be old in some families, but my relatives tend to live into their 90s, and have done so for the last four generations, so I have good genes. On the other hand, I wonder about my jeans. Lately they have gotten too friendly, because they always hug me tightly. ...............Nubs
 
Was gonna make up a new word Wooddragon. I had just discovered the term "bookdragon" and I have never felt more alive in my life. Unlike a bookworm, who reads like their little life depends on it, a bookdragon hoards books like treasure. I used to think I was a bookworm, but now I know that I was very, very wrong. Ipso facto and viola' - wooddragon seemed like a good new description hoarding wood like a treasure!

That is until I did a little more digging and found out it was not a new term. According to a site on Feng Shui, the wooddragon is "an extremely creative and curious person that loves to dive into and try their hand in all subjects of life and will usually come up with very original ideas and will put them to good use when they are focused. The Wood Dragon has the drive and motivation to put all their ideas into practice and will display these qualities many times throughout their life." That leave me out!
 
I'm in my mid-70s, which would be old in some families, but my relatives tend to live into their 90s, and have done so for the last four generations, so I have good genes. On the other hand, I wonder about my jeans. Lately they have gotten too friendly, because they always hug me tightly. ...............Nubs
I want you guys to know that this is a comment from a person replying to a story about Sidney Sweeny. It's not authored by me. ............ Nubs
 
I want you guys to know that this is a comment from a person replying to a story about Sidney Sweeny. It's not authored by me. ............ Nubs
I was happy to give you credit, but must admit the image of Sidney Sweeney in friendly jeans is better than the image of you in the same. :sarcastic:
 
I was happy to give you credit, but must admit the image of Sidney Sweeney in friendly jeans is better than the image of you in the same. :sarcastic:
Had to look her up, took dozens of pictures before finding her in jeans. Which picture is he referring to, I wonder.?. She looks kind of Betty Davis like. Looks loaded / drunk or high in many of those photos, at least the white girl photos I saw.
 
Had to look her up, took dozens of pictures before finding her in jeans. Which picture is he referring to, I wonder.?. She looks kind of Betty Davis like. Looks loaded / drunk or high in many of those photos, at least the white girl photos I saw.
Never heard of Sidney Sweeny…
 
I've eaten at the Old SF Operahouse in Houston. It was okay, I don't recall my steak as being anything special. The girl on the trapeze was nice tho. Not sure I understand the connection between a trapeze that swings over the bar and an old time opera house but it was something different.
Doug, you can't be TOO old to remember prom. Who cared about the food (neither were all that much to brag about) - it was about the date on your arm - and possibilities! I was only 17 and did more ball playing, fishing, and hunting than dating!
 
Last edited:
In ancient Rome there were four types of poison. Since Roman numerals were used to count, poisons I,II,III would kill you instantly. Poison IV would just make you itchy.
 
Back
Top