How's your day been?

I pulled the swim platform off of my boat today to sand and refinish it.
20260319_161325.webp 20260319_162523.webp
Next i removed the holland mi from it.
20260319_162539.webp
Holland is gone, lol. Keeping the name though.
20260319_164059.webp
 
I pulled the swim platform off of my boat today to sand and refinish it.
View attachment 286333View attachment 286334
Next i removed the holland mi from it.
View attachment 286335
Holland is gone, lol. Keeping the name though.
View attachment 286336
Technology has changed since that boat was built. Wonder if trim tabs would help the ride. Have no idea of the cost of an option like that would be. I just know they can make a boat run smoother at different speeds and reduce the bounce.
 
Technology has changed since that boat was built. Wonder if trim tabs would help the ride. Have no idea of the cost of an option like that would be. I just know they can make a boat run smoother at different speeds and reduce the bounce.
Do they make trim tabs for boats that size? I see them on flats skiffs all the time and they really help stop porpoising and can tilt the skiff slightly to help keep riders on the windward side drier.
 
The Green Hornet had a sidekick named Kato also. Similar characters both funny!
 
Technology has changed since that boat was built. Wonder if trim tabs would help the ride. Have no idea of the cost of an option like that would be. I just know they can make a boat run smoother at different speeds and reduce the bounce.

Do they make trim tabs for boats that size? I see them on flats skiffs all the time and they really help stop porpoising and can tilt the skiff slightly to help keep riders on the windward side drier.
Trim tabs would be an option. But the outdrive can be trimmed to get the boat to plane properly. There will be very little bounce with this boat, lol, she's a heavy girl. It's a boat known for plowing through the waves and not skipping over them like an aluminum boat.
 
Was 63 here today so outside to the boat I went. I sorted through all the gear that was on it and pitched what wasn't needed. Then I tried out the top to figure out how that worked. Put the battery on a charger. And installed a new cover. She's coming along.
Top is up, it's nice to have that to get out of the sun when fishing.
20260320_165027.webp
I gotta figure out how to straighten that one bow out.
20260320_165109.webp
New cover is on. I gotta get some more straps for that.
20260320_190620.webp
 
While I was working on the boat I had my scooter on the battery charger also. When I got done with the boat I took her out for a short ride. This thing is surprisingly quick! No clutch, no gears, just twist the throttle and go!
It's a 600 cc motorcycle in scooter clothes.
20260320_141955.webp 20260320_142014.webp
 
Back
Top